PDA

View Full Version : Highway Sunset

Fabrizio1958
02-19-2016, 08:26 PM
My life, every Friday evening 🙂 Oil on canvas, copied from a pic taken while driving.

Caesar
02-19-2016, 09:22 PM
A really breathtaking painting! This is possibly Your best masterpiece so far. There's a bit of Edward Hopper here, some Virgil of the Bucolics, the pastoral poem, at start, when leaving in the twilight and even, considering the forthcoming week-end, a slight relief and happy expectations as from the Village Saturday of Leopardi .... also for the pitiful human conditions of living so much time in our urban traffic context ...
Congrats!

Fabrizio1958
02-19-2016, 09:31 PM
A really breathtaking painting! This is possibly Your best masterpiece so far. There's a bit of Edward Hopper here, some Virgil of the Bucolics, the pastoral poem, at start, when leaving in the twilight and even, considering the forthcoming week-end, a slight relief and happy expectations as from the Village Saturday of Leopardi .... also for the pitiful human conditions of living so much time in our urban traffic context ...
Congrats!

You know Caesar, your comments are just like a glass of aged Barolo wine .. it must be tasted in little sips so to fully enjoy the flavor and the backtaste while trying to sample and discover all the hidden components .. all in all, a great pleasure! 🙂

danny72
02-20-2016, 01:45 AM
My life, every Friday evening 🙂 Oil on canvas, copied from a pic taken while driving.
I say ,what Caesar says.. This is the best painting you have done.. Another very cool idea for a paintin. Also.. Well done!!!!

Fabrizio1958
02-20-2016, 06:17 PM
I say ,what Caesar says.. This is the best painting you have done.. Another very cool idea for a paintin. Also.. Well done!!!!

Thank you Danny, I appreciate it!

kenmo
02-24-2016, 04:54 AM
Love the color palette. Nice painting....

Fabrizio1958
02-24-2016, 11:39 PM
Love the color palette. Nice painting....

Thank you Kenmo!

damasocl
02-25-2016, 01:38 AM
I like very much this painting!!!
Awesome colors!!!:p;):o

coops
02-25-2016, 02:57 AM
Beautiful sky, well done:)

Fabrizio1958
02-25-2016, 03:49 AM
I like very much this painting!!!
Awesome colors!!!:p;):o

Thank you Sir! 🙂

Fabrizio1958
02-25-2016, 06:23 AM
Beautiful sky, well done:)

Thank you Coops! Actually the sky is what I like less of my painting, the colours may be nice and they are quite similar to those on the pic which I used as a reference but the way I painted it makes it less realistic than the rest of the painting. I seem not able to find a proper way of blending colours with the ArtRage application for iPad 😢

D Akey
02-25-2016, 08:00 AM
The colors and values (light and dark range) are so natural for this time of day. And I think we all have seen something like this -- a fairly universal scene we all share these days. Very natural.

Well done!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: