PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop brushes

danny72
02-13-2016, 02:19 AM
I don't Know how i can get Photoshop brushes into Artrage. I know about the Youtube video,But my folder is emty.. Can somebody help me....

jmac
02-13-2016, 02:29 AM
Hi Danny72,

Select the sticker spray tool. Open the presets panel and in the drop down menu select "import photoshop brushes". Here is a screen shot.

danny72
02-13-2016, 03:36 AM
Hi Danny72,

Select the sticker spray tool. Open the presets panel and in the drop down menu select "import photoshop brushes". Here is a screen shot.
89055 Thank you.. I'm going to try that. :-)

markw
02-13-2016, 03:54 AM
Hello Danny72,
I would also note that AR only imports the brush head image. So once imported you will need to recreate the various brush attributes in the ‘Spray Variation’ and tool 'Settings' panels to get them working in any way similar to how they worked in apps like Photoshop. And an exact match in behavior may sometimes not be possible.

Rondo
02-13-2016, 05:55 AM
It should be also a good idea to create a folder for your Photoshop brushes,loading these brushes can be very addictive!!!!!!!!;) (i know,lol)

danny72
02-13-2016, 05:56 AM
Hello Danny72,
I would also note that AR only imports the brush head image. So once imported you will need to recreate the various brush attributes in the ‘Spray Variation’ and tool 'Settings' panels to get them working in any way similar to how they worked in apps like Photoshop. And an exact match in behavior may sometimes not be possible. Thanks... When i press "import photoshop brushes " nothing happens.. Just see my dokument paige. No photoshop brushes.. I try this before..It Doesn't work..

Rondo
02-13-2016, 06:24 AM
when you load PS brushes? try to put them in lets say...on your desktop,and when you press "import...."you go to your desktop and load in the brushes.It can happen that there are more then 1 brush in the brushes you have loaded but they will show in a list....you can load them all or only a few or 1....

markw
02-13-2016, 07:44 AM
Ah, that’s unfortunate. Can you point us to the YouTube video that you referred to?
As Rondo suggests do make sure; 1: you selected some or all brushes to import and 2: which Group you imported them too i.e. their own group or into another by accident, thus making them hard to find.

But it is true that sometimes a particular brush set may not import. Why I don’t know but it would seem that not all PS brushes are created equal!:confused:
99% of my imports have worked but just occasionally I too have had a couple of “no shows” as well. But mostly it works fine.

A workaround for ones that won’t import is to create your own “sticker sheets” of the brush head images and bring them into AR, (if you are desperate to use a particular PS brush head).

The easiest way to get the brush head image is if you have an app like Brush Pilot which can export black PNG images of PS brush heads. Take one of these exported images and convert it to pure red i.e. R=255, G=0, B=0.
I don’t know, but can PS just export the brush head image as a PNG file?
If not then create a reasonably sized document in PS (or equivalent app) with a transparent background, perhaps between 500 to 1,000pixels and make a large single “stamp” with the desired brush. Again it needs to be in pure red.
Export that as a PNG.
Once you have a red PNG it can be used as a sticker sheet.

Open the ‘Stickers’ panel,
Make a new group.
Above the area now saying ‘Empty Group’ click on the button named ‘New’.
In the window that opens click in either of the lefthand squares named ‘Colour’.
A navigation window will open, so navigate to your recently made red PNG and select it.
Deselect the button named ‘Shadow’ and lastly name your new sticker sheet.
Click OK.

To use it open the Sticker Spray tool Settings panel click on the currently loaded stickers name and from the pop-up navigate to your newly created sheet.
Next click Spray Variation to access all the settings available and start tweaking things to taste. When you have results you like, save it as a new Preset.

Once you get the hang of making sticker sheets you can start combining multiple PS brush heads into one sheet which can give a more varied look to strokes than you can get from just one brush head image. It's worth experimenting with.

jmac
02-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Danny72...Make sure you are trying to import photoshop .abr files. ArtRage cannot import photoshop tool presets.

danny72
02-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Ah, that’s unfortunate. Can you point us to the YouTube video that you referred to?
As Rondo suggests do make sure; 1: you selected some or all brushes to import and 2: which Group you imported them too i.e. their own group or into another by accident, thus making them hard to find.

But it is true that sometimes a particular brush set may not import. Why I don’t know but it would seem that not all PS brushes are created equal!:confused:
99% of my imports have worked but just occasionally I too have had a couple of “no shows” as well. But mostly it works fine.

A workaround for ones that won’t import is to create your own “sticker sheets” of the brush head images and bring them into AR, (if you are desperate to use a particular PS brush head).

The easiest way to get the brush head image is if you have an app like Brush Pilot which can export black PNG images of PS brush heads. Take one of these exported images and convert it to pure red i.e. R=255, G=0, B=0.
I don’t know, but can PS just export the brush head image as a PNG file?
If not then create a reasonably sized document in PS (or equivalent app) with a transparent background, perhaps between 500 to 1,000pixels and make a large single “stamp” with the desired brush. Again it needs to be in pure red.
Export that as a PNG.
Once you have a red PNG it can be used as a sticker sheet.

Open the ‘Stickers’ panel,
Make a new group.
Above the area now saying ‘Empty Group’ click on the button named ‘New’.
In the window that opens click in either of the lefthand squares named ‘Colour’.
A navigation window will open, so navigate to your recently made red PNG and select it.
Deselect the button named ‘Shadow’ and lastly name your new sticker sheet.
Click OK.

To use it open the Sticker Spray tool Settings panel click on the currently loaded stickers name and from the pop-up navigate to your newly created sheet.
Next click Spray Variation to access all the settings available and start tweaking things to taste. When you have results you like, save it as a new Preset.

Once you get the hang of making sticker sheets you can start combining multiple PS brush heads into one sheet which can give a more varied look to strokes than you can get from just one brush head image. It's worth experimenting with.
Thank you !!!! i'm going to try that. :-)

danny72
02-15-2016, 05:56 PM
Danny72...Make sure you are trying to import photoshop .abr files. ArtRage cannot import photoshop tool presets.
Thanks.. You know,I'm not that handy with computers unfortunaty. I have schetsbook,and on that program there are some cool brushes.But i don't like using the program. I'm stuck with Artrage. Thanks again for the tips. :-)