PDA

View Full Version : Knife in artrage over imported photo

karuzo
02-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Hello all,

I had artrage for desktop and iPad for a while now. Had no time to draw. Recently I discovered the support for the adonit stylus I own and got excited. So I started sketching again.
I just found out you can use the knife over imported photo.
Couple of questions specifically for iPad version:
- can you use any tool such as oil over a photo and have it pickup the color of a spot in the photo instead of using the eye dropper?
- using the knife over a photo - how efectivly can I use the knife over an out of focus area of the photo, or do you use a combination of tools to achieve that?

Thanks,

Doron

rscottfree
02-17-2016, 08:47 AM
For your first question, yes, you can import a photo as a tracing layer, and you can use the oil brush over that and it will pick up the color from the tracing layer to paint on your canvas.

I'm not sure what you mean in your second question. Could you clarify?

karuzo
02-23-2016, 03:25 PM
For your first question, yes, you can import a photo as a tracing layer, and you can use the oil brush over that and it will pick up the color from the tracing layer to paint on your canvas.

I'm not sure what you mean in your second question. Could you clarify?

Thanks for clarifying on the first question. The second question - please see for example this photo. (https://www.brandwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Refraction_through_glasses_090306.jpg)
The background is out of focus.

Best,

Doron

HannahRage
02-23-2016, 05:15 PM
ArtRage doesn't care whether something is out of focus or not - pixels are pixels, and it will just treat like any other area of paint.

karuzo
02-24-2016, 01:24 AM
ArtRage doesn't care whether something is out of focus or not - pixels are pixels, and it will just treat like any other area of paint.

Right. What I'm asking is if there is a technique using the knife over out of focus areas that will still result in showing it painted clearly as out of focus.

Doron