PDA

View Full Version : Skin-Skunk Anansie-Done

danny72
02-10-2016, 08:37 AM
89038 dannykohn.deviantart.com

D Akey
02-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Like I said before - great caricature and perfect painting in the figure.

I might suggest that your blurring of the background is pulling too much attention to itself. Your edges kind of blur kind of don't and so since the background and head are painted very differently, that particular contrast is calling too much attention to itself and becomes a little like a depth perception issue.

if you're going to keep that background as is, with the style you're doing, you might want to try -- and I mean test it out to see -- what it looks like with a clean separation between figure and background. I don't think the background effect is necessarily worth it. Also that white on white feels somewhat like looking into a light source to my eye because of the bleeding of the background onto the skin as with a lighting effect.

But that figure is really great. Be sure to own the entire painting and not just put something in as filler.

Personal opinion only.

Really terrific figure as I said.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

danny72
02-10-2016, 06:26 PM

I might suggest that your blurring of the background is pulling too much attention to itself. Your edges kind of blur kind of don't and so since the background and head are painted very differently, that particular contrast is calling too much attention to itself and becomes a little like a depth perception issue.

if you're going to keep that background as is, with the style you're doing, you might want to try -- and I mean test it out to see -- what it looks like with a clean separation between figure and background. I don't think the background effect is necessarily worth it. Also that white on white feels somewhat like looking into a light source to my eye because of the bleeding of the background onto the skin as with a lighting effect.

But that figure is really great. Be sure to own the entire painting and not just put something in as filler.

Personal opinion only.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: You are right about the background.. I didn't put some effert in the background yet. I painted the hole thing on just one layer. My reference background was white.. So i just painted away the Brown start background.. I'm going to work a little more on that part of the painting later :-) And by the way i didn't blur the background.. just paint it with the airbrush ;-)

Caesar
02-10-2016, 09:22 PM
WOW! Extraordinary outcome once more!:eek::cool:
This time I know of her just because she took part to a talent show in here and she was in the evaluating panel and I crossed that channel a few times. On some article I understood she's a song star and that she was gentle and kind towards people she supported. She apparently had quite a few moments of difficulty using Italian effectively enough (good for some extra fun) and she certainly looks a little droll, but everybody liked her as a "big-hearted", good girl.

danny72
02-11-2016, 12:48 AM
WOW! Extraordinary outcome once more!:eek::cool:
This time I know of her just because she took part to a talent show in here and she was in the evaluating panel and I crossed that channel a few times. On some article I understood she's a song star and that she was gentle and kind towards people she supported. She apparently had quite a few moments of difficulty using Italian effectively enough (good for some extra fun) and she certainly looks a little droll, but everybody liked her as a "big-hearted", good girl. Thank you!!!!... I have a dvd at home with Skunk anansie live in London.. She seems to be very gentel..

Enug
02-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Your character caricatures always look so realistic - you are very talented.:cool:

danny72
02-11-2016, 02:31 AM
Your character caricatures always look so realistic - you are very talented.:cool: Thanks Enug!! :-)

danny72
02-11-2016, 08:10 AM

Personal opinion only.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: now i change it... :-)

D Akey
02-11-2016, 09:02 AM
So much better. Don't you agree? Everything's working now. Bravo!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

danny72
02-11-2016, 09:10 AM
So much better. Don't you agree? Everything's working now. Bravo!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: You where so right. Looks better.. sometime you get so blind,so it's hard to see whats wrong.. Thanks you! :-)

Henry Stahle
02-11-2016, 07:03 PM

You really know your thing, how to use the digital medium and the way of caricatures! Great!

danny72
02-11-2016, 09:05 PM
You really know your thing, how to use the digital medium and the way of caricatures! Great!
Tackar -Thank you :-)

Fabrizio1958
02-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Danny, the way you recreate the skin and its reflections is amazing! Couldn't you give us some practical lessons on here or on YouTube?

danny72
02-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Danny, the way you recreate the skin and its reflections is amazing! Couldn't you give us some practical lessons on here or on YouTube? Tanks Fabrizio!! Sure,i can do that. :-).

Caesar
02-12-2016, 12:09 AM
You where so right. Looks better.. sometime you get so blind,so it's hard to see whats wrong.. Thanks you! :-) TO D AKEY

How could this Forum ever be great without the most kind, expert, masterly, learned and wise presence of our dearest DAkey?! He sure has a most impressive curriculum we can only vaguely guess about, but which would deserve to ask him an autograph, I believe. And I mean all this quite seriously, since I'm among the ones owing him the most in terms of support, encouragement, wisdom growth, constructive criticism, fun and a warm tele-friendship (not sure it's a complete list of received benefits, but I wouldn't list them all not to pay some relevant taxes in case).;):o:)

coops
02-12-2016, 03:00 AM
I always look forward to viewing your paintings and this one is soooooooo good:)

danny72
02-12-2016, 03:44 AM
I always look forward to viewing your paintings and this one is soooooooo good:) Thank you!! :-)