PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the Atlantic Ocean

Fabrizio1958
02-06-2016, 10:28 PM
Those dark clouds perfectly resemble my mood these days!

damasocl
02-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Wow!
Esos cielos son increíbles!

Those skies are amazing!

Fabrizio1958
02-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Wow!
Esos cielos son increíbles!

Those skies are amazing!

Grazie Damasocl!!

Marilyn Anne
02-09-2016, 03:20 AM
A small ship in a large ocean and the height of the sky seems to represent how much there really is over our heads. Beautiful clouds!

Fabrizio1958
02-09-2016, 04:14 AM
A small ship in a large ocean and the height of the sky seems to represent how much there really is over our heads. Beautiful clouds!

True words Marilyn Anne! Glad you liked it!

Caesar
02-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Not a bad mood I think. Refreshing and bracing. Blood and life flows when the wind blows! Hoist the sails!

D Akey
02-10-2016, 08:07 AM
Very clever -- the ship and the contrails indicating an airliner. Both crossing the Atlantic.

Could you imagine how thrilling it must have been for the early pioneers of sailing millennia back, and for Lindbergh's first crossing. Now it's business as usual. But the accomplishments before it was ever done was so heroic.

Your very fine painting puts me in mind of those moments.

I don't know if that narrative was intentional or not, but the way you staged this got me thinking about visibility and ceilings and pushing through them.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
02-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Interesting you should mention contrails DA - this morning I noticed the most unusual pattern of contrails. There were several crossing back and forth over my house. Some had spread and formed what looked like a wide band of cirrus clouds. They were longer than usual - i.e. I could see them from my eastern to western horizon. One was being made as I watched. I am in the habit of looking at the clouds each day and have never seen them like this before. I wished I had taken a photo. I believe the contrails I saw are described as 'Persistent Spreading.'

Today's trivia. ;)

A thought provoking painting Fabrizo.

Fabrizio1958
02-11-2016, 02:15 AM
Very clever -- the ship and the contrails indicating an airliner. Both crossing the Atlantic.

Could you imagine how thrilling it must have been for the early pioneers of sailing millennia back, and for Lindbergh's first crossing. Now it's business as usual. But the accomplishments before it was ever done was so heroic.

Your very fine painting puts me in mind of those moments.

I don't know if that narrative was intentional or not, but the way you staged this got me thinking about visibility and ceilings and pushing through them.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

When I paint I copy images only from my mind, my thoughts, my memories. When I did this painting and finished it I looked at it and thought that something was missing to make it real real. It took me a while and then I clicked - a contrail! Personally I think that was the touch that made it a modern image which is what I wanted it to be.

Fabrizio1958
02-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Interesting you should mention contrails DA - this morning I noticed the most unusual pattern of contrails. There were several crossing back and forth over my house. Some had spread and formed what looked like a wide band of cirrus clouds. They were longer than usual - i.e. I could see them from my eastern to western horizon. One was being made as I watched. I am in the habit of looking at the clouds each day and have never seen them like this before. I wished I had taken a photo. I believe the contrails I saw are described as 'Persistent Spreading.'

Today's trivia. ;)

A thought provoking painting Fabrizo.

I am truly honored that my simple watercolour painting has generated so manu nice thoughts! To me it was a first time ever trial with watercolour and with such a subject and made it to see if I could paint decent clouds. Not too happy about the result but at least the kind of resemble real clouds!