PDA

View Full Version : Viktor"Johnny Bravo" Lindberg

danny72
02-03-2016, 12:24 AM
88951 My friend Viktor as "Johnny Bravo" cartoon drawing from some years ago.... The plane in his hand is because he really wants to become a pilot some day.:-)901509015490155............I didn't use that time a photo reference for the cartoon. Draw the guy from memory (I see him almost every day because we work together )

joey_matthews
07-04-2016, 02:56 PM
This is really good, having searched 'cartoons' this is pretty much a fantastic find and I like the fresh modern look of image.

Also, the background story added makes it interesting.

Great job!

danny72
07-05-2016, 08:32 AM
This is really good, having searched 'cartoons' this is pretty much a fantastic find and I like the fresh modern look of image.

Also, the background story added makes it interesting.

Great job!Thank you! This is one of my first ones... I did not knew how the program Artrage worked then. Learn alot sense then..

pat1940
07-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Danny, love this, it is so cool, do some more of these ;);););););)

danny72
07-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Danny, love this, it is so cool, do some more of these ;);););););)

Thank you! This is the way I always did my drawings before. It's a bit hard to look at now. I see what I did wrong.. I can't believe I didn't saw this earlier. . The legs are wrong. Otherwise is OK. Maybe I going to do some cartoon drawing again.. This is by the way a colleague of mine. Before he looked like Johnny bravo.. But the boy has changed now. :-)

D Akey
07-06-2016, 06:25 AM
There are a few details you missed, if you are trying to really nail the style of the cartoon. Easy to miss if you're not looking for it, but just as a pointer to sharpen your sense of parody.

eg: when the black line goes over the black shirt it reverses to white. (a little tough to see this small). Also the line weight is a little sharper going from thick to thin -- it's a faster line, or using Artrage, you can adjust the setting to clean simplify the arcs as you go and it gives the impression of a master calligrapher or seasoned comic book inker doing the line.

And in 2D Animation, basic stylistic shapes are a little more simplified and exaggerated geometrically as seen in the source cartoon. Drawing at this level is designed for speed -- to whip hundreds of thousands of them out for TV where the lines progress without wobbling during the animation playback, so they tend to be really sharp. It's super direct and the lines are not thoughtful as one can get with a single, stand-alone painting or drawing. The nature of the business creates a specific look. And if one is aware of that quality, it's easier to copy the essence.

All that said, it's really pretty good and amusing. I looked up Viktor Lindberg on Google (USA version) with not much success, and for YouTube and got a Swedish volleyball team (who look really good by the way). So I'm missing the reference to a particular person. But it's a pretty cool caricature that I assume has a lot to do with the person who is the subject of your tribute.

I don't think anyone would ever fault your caricature. I am just pointing these things out for you as you develop your eye and concept how to do parody. It's a really nice caricature. Keep up the great work. The only reason I go into this level of critique with you is because I think you could get to be world class. You're well on your way.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

danny72
07-06-2016, 08:51 AM
There are a few details you missed, if you are trying to really nail the style of the cartoon. Easy to miss if you're not looking for it, but just as a pointer to sharpen your sense of parody.

eg: when the black line goes over the black shirt it reverses to white. (a little tough to see this small). Also the line weight is a little sharper going from thick to thin -- it's a faster line, or using Artrage, you can adjust the setting to clean simplify the arcs as you go and it gives the impression of a master calligrapher or seasoned comic book inker doing the line.

And in 2D Animation, basic stylistic shapes are a little more simplified and exaggerated geometrically as seen in the source cartoon. Drawing at this level is designed for speed -- to whip hundreds of thousands of them out for TV where the lines progress without wobbling during the animation playback, so they tend to be really sharp. It's super direct and the lines are not thoughtful as one can get with a single, stand-alone painting or drawing. The nature of the business creates a specific look. And if one is aware of that quality, it's easier to copy the essence.

All that said, it's really pretty good and amusing. I looked up Viktor Lindberg on Google (USA version) with not much success, and for YouTube and got a Swedish volleyball team (who look really good by the way). So I'm missing the reference to a particular person. But it's a pretty cool caricature that I assume has a lot to do with the person who is the subject of your tribute.

I don't think anyone would ever fault your caricature. I am just pointing these things out for you as you develop your eye and concept how to do parody. It's a really nice caricature. Keep up the great work. The only reason I go into this level of critique with you is because I think you could get to be world class. You're well on your way.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:
This is a old one and one of the first ones I made with artrage on a old laptop with a bamboo.. Nothing wrong with that .. I tried to fixed some staff,but the quality is horrible. . The original died together with the laptop. I see the mistakes. . But for now I don't want to do a remake. . I'm happy for the tips as always. It's hard to look at some old drawings.. But it's a good way to see progress (hopefully ) :-)

D Akey
07-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Definitely. It's a way to be kind to one's old paintings. And progress is what it's all about, yeah?

I thought it looked familiar. Don't you hate it when technology gets in the way and destroys years of data? I've experienced that and it's made me neurotically compulsive about backing things up.

It was maybe loads of rubbish that I lost, but I think there was some important stuff in there as well.

danny72
07-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Definitely. It's a way to be kind to one's old paintings. And progress is what it's all about, yeah?

I thought it looked familiar. Don't you hate it when technology gets in the way and destroys years of data? I've experienced that and it's made me neurotically compulsive about backing things up.

It was maybe loads of rubbish that I lost, but I think there was some important stuff in there as well.
I didn't knew that time in 2013 when I started playing around with digital painting that you can't save paintings in
Jpec .. Sometimes I copy it several times, and more,and more information disappeared. Now I only use Png... I have a Imac now that hopefully stays with me for a long time .It's important to use a more powerfull computer. . The laptop is used didn't keep up with me when I tried to draw.That's hard...