PDA

View Full Version : Palms at the Beach

vandra
02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
I haven't been painting for a while, so enjoyed getting back into artrage.
I used the sparse bristle brush for the palm leaves. They may look a bit "stiff". If anyone has any hints on painting palm leaves I will be most grateful as there are a lot around here (where i live) :)

Caesar
02-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Lovely tropical seascape. A painting which makes cheaper holiday to our eyes!

D Akey
02-02-2016, 05:00 AM
Curious effect with the blurring in places. It brings it to life because in reality I occasionally have to adjust my vision. Also gives it a personal dreamlike quality. Colors are very sunny and gives an intense feeling.

The interpretation that pops in is musical lyrics: Tales of Brave Ulysses by The Cream

I hear:
You see a girl's brown body, laughing through the turquoise and her footprint makes you follow where the sky meets the sea. . . (etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2CCfxiQ5QY

Good to see you back! Hope all's been well.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

vandra
02-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Thank you Caesar :)

Thanks D.Akey. I'm not sure that I didn't go over the top a bit with the blurring. Thanks for making me feel better about it :D, and thanks for the "welcome back" too.

Good music!

damasocl
02-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Lovely and wonderful work!!!;):D:o

Bobbi
02-03-2016, 06:38 AM
You have created a fascinating 3D effect. Intriguing.

Marilyn Anne
02-03-2016, 08:24 AM
So beautiful and so inviting. Very nicely done!

Enug
02-03-2016, 03:55 PM
A lovely painting Ann - you found the right brush for the palm fronds. Love the way you painted the sea too. :)

vandra
02-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Thank you damasoci, bobbi, Marilyn Anne and Enug :). I really appreciate your comments.

It's a beach close to where we live Marilyn. It's very hot at the moment though. Too hot to walk on the sand without sandals.

I like the comment about a 3d effect bobbi, thanks.

Thanks June. I tried a few different brushes and that seemed the best to use. I did make a custom brush, a while ago, of a palm leaf, but it just goes the one way. I probably need to make a few different ones. Might as well paint them :D