PDA

View Full Version : the Frieze

gxhpainter2
01-24-2016, 09:05 AM
I came across this ancient frieze while exploring an abandoned temple nearby , I am not sure what it depicts , I am sure you guys can figure it out though..:rolleyes::cool::):):)

D Akey
01-25-2016, 07:15 AM
Reminds me of Francis Bacon's bacon cooking up for breakfast on a cold winter morning. He had oil paint caked on everywhere in his flats. He would rent a space, use it as a studio, trash it with paint, and when it was unbearable from all the paint, move on.

Also reminds me a little bit of a 3D texture map that would get wrapped onto a 3D model.

I got pics of the snow that hit back east from my son. Definitely cold winter mornings.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Fabrizio1958
01-26-2016, 03:41 AM
Your paintings are unbelievable gxhpainter! I cannot think of the huge work it takes to make one! My compliments!

gxhpainter2
01-26-2016, 07:10 AM
Reminds me of Francis Bacon's bacon cooking up for breakfast on a cold winter morning. He had oil paint caked on everywhere in his flats. He would rent a space, use it as a studio, trash it with paint, and when it was unbearable from all the paint, move on.

Also reminds me a little bit of a 3D texture map that would get wrapped onto a 3D model.

I got pics of the snow that hit back east from my son. Definitely cold winter mornings.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: LOL I can see that Francis Bacon analogy.... I also got some Instagram pics of my stepdaughter and family in DC digging out but also having fun.. she said the nearby store was totally out of meat and some other supplies...

its really colorful beautiful. thank you Raselbste !..:):)

Your paintings are unbelievable gxhpainter! I cannot think of the huge work it takes to make one! My compliments! wow thank you! Fabrizio yes this one went through many iterations and changes over a 3 day period... you should check out the sticker spray tool and look into the Art Brushes and Sketch Brushes sets... they have some amazing tools available...

Caesar
01-28-2016, 10:36 PM
Pretty simple. It shows a benign bird-like deity accepting popular adoration and rewarding them with a plentiful harvest, fruitful hunt, necessary good weather and no natural disaster all over the year ...
And I thinks is more than enough to that people to generate such an artful votive!