PDA

View Full Version : Latest piece...

Mikehillart
01-15-2016, 12:52 PM

"If You Wait"

- As colourful as it is it's definitely a little darker than most things I paint.
Hope you like it folks.

Mike

Caesar
01-15-2016, 10:15 PM
A quite nervous and vibrant style! You look like a neo-expressionist and modern version of Giovanni Boldini's glamourous style after more than a century after ....

D Akey
01-17-2016, 07:43 AM
Reminds me of perhaps a close up on a character at a rave party or something from that milieu of high sensation -- perhaps someone who is a bit on the edge. Would certainly be a compelling image for a written story.

The story I personally see is the character who has been trying to escape from herself. She's surrounded by blasting light shows, throbbing music, tightly crowded bodies bouncing up and down on the dance floor. . . and with this she has been trying to suppress some inner pain. . . And this is the moment the dam breaks and all that stuff comes flooding back.

I think the heavy eyelashes and mascara which were a bit of a protection and mask for her are suddenly running as from tears. I think some of that also is because of the streaky technique for the whole painting, suggesting to me that everything is tearing loose in her world, all the facade is crumbling and she's now got to face her situation.

My personal interpretation for the story that's coming from this pic for me only.

Anyway, very potent and even cinematic.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

SculptureCollector
01-20-2016, 04:17 PM
The Colours!

Love The Colours!!!

coops
01-21-2016, 12:49 AM
Such vibrant colours, well done:)