PDA

View Full Version : melting snows

gxhpainter2
01-13-2016, 11:03 AM
here is a bit of a throwback to some styles and techniques I am re-exploring, this is a nod to the hopeful melting of snows and reemergence of color and life on the high desert...

justjean
01-13-2016, 11:22 AM
I get the feeling for this one Gary as where I am the snow is up to ones knee caps and still falling :)

Fabrizio1958
01-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Beautiful! And, please ... send some snow over here! Haven't seen one single flake this year!

Caesar
01-13-2016, 10:59 PM
This one seems to me somehow the colorful version of Guernica a long time after the bombing and when the pain for the tragedy (caused by the snow of dropped bombs effect) is finally melting and fading away.
It's more than just a graphical/ abstract evolution of Picasso, it's almsot a modern bas-relief with tangible objects and ethereal lights. You also somehow cut the canvas like Lucio Fontana to enter a new universe beyond the flat 2D painting ....
Obviously we can also read and almost feel the snow patches on the concrete and ground with all our senses here .... as per Your title and original inspiration.

AndreaMG
01-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Cool, love all the work on this one, I think it rightfully abstractly represents the famous :confused: :o Buys Ballot’s Law where a pattern with high pressure over the Beaufort Sea and low pressure over the Laptev and East Siberian Seas (see figure below) brings southerly winds to the region, enhancing melt, breaking up ice, and pushing the ice edge northward :cool: CIAO

gxhpainter2
01-14-2016, 11:37 AM
I get the feeling for this one Gary as where I am the snow is up to ones knee caps and still falling :) Yes we have been getting a lot of snow here in the mountains, much to the delight of the skiers, snowboarders, and farmers and ranchers to replace the much depleted snow pack after last years drought.

Beautiful! And, please ... send some snow over here! Haven't seen one single flake this year! What how can that be, your skiers must be upset with that..

This one seems to me somehow the colorful version of Guernica a long time after the bombing and when the pain for the tragedy (caused by the snow of dropped bombs effect) is finally melting and fading away.
It's more than just a graphical/ abstract evolution of Picasso, it's almsot a modern bas-relief with tangible objects and ethereal lights. You also somehow cut the canvas like Lucio Fontana to enter a new universe beyond the flat 2D painting ....
Obviously we can also read and almost feel the snow patches on the concrete and ground with all our senses here .... as per Your title and original inspiration. a remarkable analysis and one that causes me to think, I just recently watched a documentary on Picasso and most of it centered around Guernica and all the events surrounding it, and up until that time Picasso was very apolitical.

Cool, love all the work on this one, I think it rightfully abstractly represents the famous :confused: :o Buys Ballot’s Law where a pattern with high pressure over the Beaufort Sea and low pressure over the Laptev and East Siberian Seas (see figure below) brings southerly winds to the region, enhancing melt, breaking up ice, and pushing the ice edge northward :cool: CIAO

88766 your image made me laugh, very good and most appropriate.

Marilyn Anne
01-14-2016, 11:02 PM
So much going on with the icy colors and the bright. So many interesting shapes and little features. Really cool to look at.

D Akey
01-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Looks a bit like the view through the window in my tumble drier. So glad my cat's not in there. The crosses are like the old comic strip or very old animations indicating a dead cartoon body (my demented association only). . .

I have to ask from whence the title and how you came to this image. Being from the warmer climes, I have to say I don't have any point of reference for melting snows and what happens at that time. Or if it's a metaphor for frozen memories thawing out and becoming more accessible though in a jumble, could be that?

I mean I generally know how you work and feel your way into it through a lot of mechanical processing and what you come up with is very organically arrived at. But I'm wondering where the title came from and how you feel it relates.

I mean it's a nice pic and all.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
01-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Looks a bit like the view through the window in my tumble drier. So glad my cat's not in there. The crosses are like the old comic strip or very old animations indicating a dead cartoon body (my demented association only). . .

I have to ask from whence the title and how you came to this image. Being from the warmer climes, I have to say I don't have any point of reference for melting snows and what happens at that time. Or if it's a metaphor for frozen memories thawing out and becoming more accessible though in a jumble, could be that?

I mean I generally know how you work and feel your way into it through a lot of mechanical processing and what you come up with is very organically arrived at. But I'm wondering where the title came from and how you feel it relates.

I mean it's a nice pic and all.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: LOL ok I get it... this is a bit much I guess, I was inspired by walking along a snowy river walk and as the snow melts many jumbled things start to appear again, so I guess that is the source although I took it so an extreme in this case... I have received several likes in Instagram so it has some appeal but just not for you my friend which is ok... I don't expect every work to be universally accepted...:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool ::):):):)