PDA

View Full Version : Wind Tower

gxhpainter2
01-10-2016, 07:50 AM
to catch the breeze and funnel the cooling air .. hot color slowing cooling down..

justjean
01-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Great colour combo, Gary

D Akey
01-10-2016, 11:28 AM
I feel like I'm in the center of a cubist's cyclone looking up through the middle. Lots and lots of wild movement contained within the energy frame as looking up the center of a regular tubular tornado. I love it. So very dynamic, and so changed but still holding to the theme. Very cool. Billions and billions (as Carl Sagan used to say) of picture frames -- and now I'm getting a black hole effect where they paintings are being torn loose from the frames and brought back to the undifferentiated source to be called up again by some artist or other in an alternate universe. . . the second stringers or third. . . even 18th? Have they come up with how many strings constitute a string theory? Anyway, that.

I'm crazy about the design, colors and shapes and marks.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
01-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Love the acid colors on this one, what a trip :cool:

Marilyn Anne
01-11-2016, 04:36 PM
I like the way everything is fitting together.

gxhpainter2
01-12-2016, 08:02 AM
Great colour combo, Gary

I feel like I'm in the center of a cubist's cyclone looking up through the middle. Lots and lots of wild movement contained within the energy frame as looking up the center of a regular tubular tornado. I love it. So very dynamic, and so changed but still holding to the theme. Very cool. Billions and billions (as Carl Sagan used to say) of picture frames -- and now I'm getting a black hole effect where they paintings are being torn loose from the frames and brought back to the undifferentiated source to be called up again by some artist or other in an alternate universe. . . the second stringers or third. . . even 18th? Have they come up with how many strings constitute a string theory? Anyway, that.

I'm crazy about the design, colors and shapes and marks.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Love the acid colors on this one, what a trip :cool:

I like the way everything is fitting together.

Thank you all for your appreciative and appreciated comments, this was a difficult one and I worked probably 3 times harder on it than most, lots of over thinking impeded me along the way but eventually I got to a point I liked it and so it is great that you all did as well.

Caesar
01-12-2016, 11:06 PM
A windmill and/ or some sort of celtic symbols ... inspired by ancient legends and anglo-saxon mythology maybe. All collected and recovered into an image which turns them into a totem of a technological future.
The wind tower may well be the whole global infrastructure of all the worldwide forms of telecommunications. Wind because as Latin says "verba volant" (words fly, are taken away by wind), but now everything is superficial and flies, overwhelming amounts of words, writings, images usually with a rapid decay often engulfing our minds.

gxhpainter2
01-13-2016, 07:16 AM
A windmill and/ or some sort of celtic symbols ... inspired by ancient legends and anglo-saxon mythology maybe. All collected and recovered into an image which turns them into a totem of a technological future.
The wind tower may well be the whole global infrastructure of all the worldwide forms of telecommunications. Wind because as Latin says "verba volant" (words fly, are taken away by wind), but now everything is superficial and flies, overwhelming amounts of words, writings, images usually with a rapid decay often engulfing our minds. yes this is the wind tower of the eons of words and symbols spoken, repeated and forgotten over the millennia :cool::cool::):)