View Full Version : Gotcha!

Vladislav
01-06-2016, 06:59 PM
ArtRage
Post-Processing in Photoshop

With the come! ¶

D Akey
01-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Probably makes sense to people from your area. I'm afraid it's lost on me though. But nice painting. I'm assuming that someone posing as Santa was actually caught stealing? But like I say, I have no idea about your local stories. Well painted though. "With the come" does not translate as you may think. You may say perhaps, "With the get" which means the stolen goods? But it's a turn of phrase for cop shows. Not commonly used in my world anyway.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

justjean
01-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Love the saturation and the scene

DarkOwnt
01-07-2016, 04:06 AM
Probably makes sense to people from your area. I'm afraid it's lost on me though. But nice painting. I'm assuming that someone posing as Santa was actually caught stealing? But like I say, I have no idea about your local stories. Well painted though. "With the come" does not translate as you may think. You may say perhaps, "With the get" which means the stolen goods? But it's a turn of phrase for cop shows. Not commonly used in my world anyway.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

I think "Gotcha" is a reference to capturing or taking to the photo... not "catching" someone stealing.

It also seems as if Santa is being manipulated, his movements do not look volitional, by the supernatural red monkey on his back ... sprinkling white fairy (devil?) dust on him, much to the dismay of the snowman onlooker (possible long time friend of Santa). Of course Santa the monkey and the snowman could just be representations of other figures.

The lady with the phone may be a representation of the kind of person who revels in the fall of others... loves seeing the good defeated or manipulated to other ends. Perhaps she even conspired with the red monkey.

Much here is missing due to the cultural divide.

Very well done. My Favorite from the artist so far.

kenmo
01-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Outstanding painting.....Love it!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

pat1940
01-07-2016, 10:02 AM
OMG, I just love this painting, it is all so well done, colors are great and expressions are perfect

Caesar
01-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Excellent and original seasonal artpiece! I guess the monkey on the shoulder indicates that Santa is completely drunk in his weird dance ...