PDA

View Full Version : Building Blocks

gxhpainter2
01-04-2016, 07:26 AM
starting out the new year with a look back at some earlier works and used them to build something new..there is a lot of detail work in this so view as large as you can to see it... hope you enjoy this one..

pat1940
01-04-2016, 08:28 AM
WOW Gary, you had to spend a lot of time on this fantastic painting, the detail and colors are wonderful, time well spent, I would say, super job

gxhpainter2
01-04-2016, 09:20 AM
WOW Gary, you had to spend a lot of time on this fantastic painting, the detail and colors are wonderful, time well spent, I would say, super job thanks Pat I did spend quite a bit of time tweaking the details in this image.. so glad you like it...

eighty+
01-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Yep Gary I agree with Pat Qeulle Colour :D:D:D:D

D Akey
01-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Not quite accessible to me, but glad you enjoyed it. I was looking for something to grab onto in this one but there's really no handle I can grab based on the criteria I value as graceful or thought provoking or what have you. Doesn't mean it's not there. But for me it's a bit remote. Hopefully others will see the good of it and comment. You have 2 in the plus column already.

justjean
01-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Great colours, shapes and design, Gary :D

Marilyn Anne
01-07-2016, 03:57 AM
So interesting to look at like the flyover view of an interesting land scape.

gxhpainter2
01-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Yep Gary I agree with Pat Qeulle Colour :D:D:D:D thanks dear eighty+

Not quite accessible to me, but glad you enjoyed it. I was looking for something to grab onto in this one but there's really no handle I can grab based on the criteria I value as graceful or thought provoking or what have you. Doesn't mean it's not there. But for me it's a bit remote. Hopefully others will see the good of it and comment. You have 2 in the plus column already. thanks D Akey, not every abstract I expect to appeal to everyone, this one was an experiment in pushing geometric forms onto some colorful loose expressive lines and textures..

Great colours, shapes and design, Gary :D thanks justjean that is where I was aiming for this one.

So interesting to look at like the flyover view of an interesting land scape. great to hear from you Marilyn Anne ... glad you like this and I like your view of it ..

kenmo
01-07-2016, 06:44 AM
Cool art and designs....

Caesar
01-08-2016, 10:23 PM
I can't elaborate too much on this impression I got, but I found this painting the most fully, intregrally "American" (US) speaking kind of artpiece You showed so far. To me it talks of what used to be the American style of life and perceptions, of shining, chome, finned cars and McDonalds, and commercial ads, music superstars attires etc.... Maybe the building blocks of the American dream all over the last century. It provides a burst of optimism.:D:cool:

gxhpainter2
01-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Cool art and designs.... thanks Ken.

I can't elaborate too much on this impression I got, but I found this painting the most fully, intregrally "American" (US) speaking kind of artpiece You showed so far. To me it talks of what used to be the American style of life and perceptions, of shining, chome, finned cars and McDonalds, and commercial ads, music superstars attires etc.... Maybe the building blocks of the American dream all over the last century. It provides a burst of optimism.:D:cool: There you are!, I had not seen you around here for quite some time and was beginning to get a bit concerned... anyway great to have you back I always get a lot out of your comments!...:cool::cool::cool::):):)