PDA

View Full Version : #ArtRageFree Challenge

HannahRage
12-31-2015, 05:43 PM
As you've probably noticed, we recently released the free Android app 'Oil Painter Free' (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ambientdesign.artrage.oils)over on the Play Store.

We thought it would be a fun challenge to see what people could come up with in the app, without layers or a wide selection of tools - just limiting yourself to the basics of digital oil - so we're running a contest for January.

Paint something, take a screenshot in the app, and then submit it to this thread (or our Facebook, or our DeviantART group, or anywhere we will actually see it - or all of those!) to enter.

You can enter as often as you like, and we'll be awarding Play Store gift cards to our favourite pictures. Also to the artists of those pictures.

There's a full contest announcement here:
https://www.artrage.com/artragefree-contest/

Sound fun? We're looking forward to what the community can come up with!

CheyenneDonna
01-03-2016, 06:39 AM
I love ArtRage. I played with the free version for a few minutes today.

Geoffish
01-04-2016, 08:36 AM
This has been a nightmare.... An old Nexus 7" tablet.... it crashed,went on a go-slow, wouldn't upload....etc, etc....
And as for painting in Oils... in one go... maybe never again...!!!
Just to point out..... the Nexus was pretty old and slow... like it's user :p

HannahRage
01-05-2016, 12:47 PM
This has been a nightmare.... An old Nexus 7" tablet.... it crashed,went on a go-slow, wouldn't upload....etc, etc....
And as for painting in Oils... in one go... maybe never again...!!!

Oh dear, sounds like your tablet was definitely out to get you :p Thank you for persevering so boldly!

I love ArtRage. I played with the free version for a few minutes today.

That first seascape is *gorgeous*!

HannahRage
01-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Looking for inspiration? We've already got some lovely entries which we're collecting in one place on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1104304522927178.1073741856.116580331699607&type=3

Mfcrabtree
02-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Hey! Couple of a late entries here. I recently got a tablet and have been messing around with it. I saw this contest and decided to enter. I doubt I'd win though. I'm not good drawing on a tablet, I don't paint very often, and I've noticed the other contestants are waaaaaaay above my level. Worth a shot though.

This is suppose to be a koi pond looking down.

Obviously a beach. Seeing the person above, no way this one competes with theirs.

Geoffish
02-02-2016, 04:44 AM
Hey! Couple of a late entries here. I recently got a tablet and have been messing around with it. I saw this contest and decided to enter. I doubt I'd win though. I'm not good drawing on a tablet, I don't paint very often, and I've noticed the other contestants are waaaaaaay above my level. Worth a shot though.

This is suppose to be a koi pond looking down.

Obviously a beach. Seeing the person above, no way this one competes with theirs.

Well MfCrabtree...... I like yours.... great colours...