PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Village

gxhpainter2
12-31-2015, 10:51 AM
still refining my photo painting techniques and I am pretty happy with this one. A cliff side Village I think in Spain but not sure.. hope you enjoy it. I for one would love to live their for a time.

pat1940
12-31-2015, 12:07 PM
Gary, this is absolutely so beautiful, the lighting is wonderful, what a great job you have done on this, LOVE IT

D Akey
12-31-2015, 01:48 PM
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfecto. Something new (at least I haven't seen the likes in photo manipulation), and yet old and painterly. Fantastico!

So it feels like a painting, feels like art, and less like a photo, although that degree of similarity to that effect could change some either way (photo or painting) and you would still have a winner-- precisely because it's about your eye and not the technique. Very successful! Personally, I do like that it has a painterly spin certainly in this case.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
01-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Superbly luminous artwork. Warm tones on closer range against cooler ones in the distance tells much also of your technical knowledge enhancing Your amazing artistic talent and creativity. If You look for similar images on google You find a long list of marvellous landscape artpieces .... it says much about its chromatic value as well then.

gxhpainter2
01-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Gary, this is absolutely so beautiful, the lighting is wonderful, what a great job you have done on this, LOVE IT thanks Pat, sorry I took so long to reply, somehow I missed seeing the posts on this one.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfecto. Something new (at least I haven't seen the likes in photo manipulation), and yet old and painterly. Fantastico!

So it feels like a painting, feels like art, and less like a photo, although that degree of similarity to that effect could change some either way (photo or painting) and you would still have a winner-- precisely because it's about your eye and not the technique. Very successful! Personally, I do like that it has a painterly spin certainly in this case.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: thanks D Akey, I was very happy with the way this worked out.

Superbly luminous artwork. Warm tones on closer range against cooler ones in the distance tells much also of your technical knowledge enhancing Your amazing artistic talent and creativity. If You look for similar images on google You find a long list of marvellous landscape artpieces .... it says much about its chromatic value as well then. Well I learned a few tricks over the years to make a painting read properly and thanks for your great comment...

Fabrizio1958
01-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Beautiful painting! This village is located in Liguria (Italy). Forgot the name but I have been there once, just on the little beach right under the old bridge. Gorgeous place which you have painted perfectly!

gxhpainter2
01-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Beautiful painting! This village is located in Liguria (Italy). Forgot the name but I have been there once, just on the little beach right under the old bridge. Gorgeous place which you have painted perfectly! thanks for the information Fabrizio1958... this is from a photograph my step-son took while traveling in Europe and Italy... nice to get the name of a place and have you recognize it! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

justjean
01-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Gary, great doings here, I never have any luck trying to do this LOL

Bobbi
01-10-2016, 05:27 AM
Really well done. :)

gxhpainter2
01-10-2016, 06:11 AM
Gary, great doings here, I never have any luck trying to do this LOL It takes just the right photograph and technique blended to get a successful result to be sure..:):):)

Really well done. :) thank you Bobbi..:):):):)