PDA

View Full Version : alleyway - photopainting

gxhpainter2
12-22-2015, 09:54 AM
a dark and mysterious alleyway, ancient and where does it go? the flowers invite you ... maybe a new friend lives there.

pat1940
12-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Another very interesting painting Gary, really love what you have done with these photos

D Akey
12-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Not to say anything at all is wrong in any way. But what these seem to call for is perhaps a figure to add some interest. Not necessary, certainly. But the point is more that since you are doctoring photos to this degree, you might consider combining and splicing different photos. I know it would be changing your son's participation in it which you probably want to really hang on to, but I could see figures in this for interest. Another possibility is perhaps dealing with focus. It's flattening out, contrary to the perspective. So these are merely a couple ideas to extend your picture making. Heck, you could even combine things that would create dividing lines creating an abstract montage kind of thing that could then develop into an abstraction -- using horizon lines as dividing lines etc. Just some thoughts when you get to where you want to take it further. Right now they're great as is though.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
12-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Old world charm! Very inviting!

Enug
12-22-2015, 08:38 PM
It's lovely Gary - I am reminded of Pat's paintings. :)

gxhpainter2
12-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Another very interesting painting Gary, really love what you have done with these photos thanks Pat.

Not to say anything at all is wrong in any way. But what these seem to call for is perhaps a figure to add some interest. Not necessary, certainly. But the point is more that since you are doctoring photos to this degree, you might consider combining and splicing different photos. I know it would be changing your son's participation in it which you probably want to really hang on to, but I could see figures in this for interest. Another possibility is perhaps dealing with focus. It's flattening out, contrary to the perspective. So these are merely a couple ideas to extend your picture making. Heck, you could even combine things that would create dividing lines creating an abstract montage kind of thing that could then develop into an abstraction -- using horizon lines as dividing lines etc. Just some thoughts when you get to where you want to take it further. Right now they're great as is though.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: a good point D Akey, other than the one street scene most of his photos are devoid of people which is a shame, but I could certainly start to incorporate them into a fuller artistic statement as you suggest, rather than sticking to the original photograph so much. Thanks for that suggestion.

Old world charm! Very inviting! thanks Marilyn Anne

It's lovely Gary - I am reminded of Pat's paintings. :) Yes the stone and stairways and villas she does so well..