PDA

View Full Version : the Thames

gxhpainter2
12-22-2015, 05:39 AM
another photo-painting this time of the Thames in London, the photo taken by my son Mateo. I thought it was a misty moody image and tried to capture that feeling in this work..

rscottfree
12-22-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi gxhpainter -- I've really liked your past three images, and they remind me somewhat of another artist with similar works of "photopainting" (http://sarahjarrettart.blogspot.com/). I'm intrigued by the use of photos, filters, and texture overlays and colors to remix art. Anyway, I've really enjoyed these last few. Keep up the good work.

pat1940
12-22-2015, 10:18 AM
This is beautiful Gary, really love the texture and the mood you captured, great work

D Akey
12-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Your son has a good eye. Chip off the old block, eh?

Neat.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
12-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Like all the lovely English painters! The light and palette remind me of those paintings.

Enug
12-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Gary I like very much the effects you have been achieving with your latest photo paintings. Very beautiful!

gxhpainter2
12-23-2015, 07:07 AM
Hi gxhpainter -- I've really liked your past three images, and they remind me somewhat of another artist with similar works of "photopainting" (http://sarahjarrettart.blogspot.com/). I'm intrigued by the use of photos, filters, and texture overlays and colors to remix art. Anyway, I've really enjoyed these last few. Keep up the good work. thanks rscottfree, I checked out sarah Jarrett link and love her work, and was a bit surprised that she works with primarily mobile apps ... that area of iphoneography as it has come to be called is certainly a hot bet of creativity right now with so many people working in it. Thanks for the support and link to Sarah's work

This is beautiful Gary, really love the texture and the mood you captured, great work Thanks Pat I struggled a bit with this trying to keep some texture without overwhelming the misty foggy quality..

Your son has a good eye. Chip off the old block, eh?

Neat.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Thanks D Akey I will let him know about your comments... I am hoping that at some point he might start to want to get into photo painting himself, although right now he is too busy with two jobs ..

Like all the lovely English painters! The light and palette remind me of those paintings. thanks Marilyn Anne that is kind of the effect I was looking for, I just watched a section on Turner from the Netflix series called "The Power of Art"

Gary I like very much the effects you have been achieving with your latest photo paintings. Very beautiful! Thanks June I have been busy with each of these refining some photo manipulations to create them.

coops
12-24-2015, 02:29 AM
I can feel the chill in the air Gary, great work and a Merry Christmas to you and yours:)

gxhpainter2
12-24-2015, 06:40 AM
I can feel the chill in the air Gary, great work and a Merry Christmas to you and yours:) Thanks Katie! So very good to hear from you again, and a very Merry Christmas to you!.