PDA

View Full Version : the Gate

gxhpainter2
12-18-2015, 09:24 AM
both a literal and metaphorical gate with some "light at the end" kind of expressed my mood for today... hope you enjoy it.

Marilyn Anne
12-18-2015, 01:26 PM
The colors make me thing of some exotic foreign entry into an open market.

D Akey
12-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Feels like we're inside a cathedral with the sun behind us shining through a stained glass window. Very nice effect and a clever way to introduce color and dividing space. Good structure to the architecture that sort of works like a frame of sorts. Were I in such a place and seeing this, I would be dazzled by the colors first and then the architecture. And that's what I'm noticing first. It of course has a metaphoric tone to it that is very evocative of structure and culture and oldness and the reach out of the past into the present, permanence and the temporal, and tradition and aspirations and plateaus and containment, walls and bedazzlement and openings, directing the eye to a mysterious out. Don't think you've been twiddling your thumbs.

Looking good.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
12-18-2015, 11:50 PM
Where does this gate take? I love the combination of geometries and colors. It may well be an abstract as well!

kenmo
12-19-2015, 03:55 AM
Loving your photo paintings....

gxhpainter2
12-19-2015, 07:04 AM
The colors make me thing of some exotic foreign entry into an open market. a very intriguing possibility Marilyn Anne... sounds like fun. :):):)

Feels like we're inside a cathedral with the sun behind us shining through a stained glass window. Very nice effect and a clever way to introduce color and dividing space. Good structure to the architecture that sort of works like a frame of sorts. Were I in such a place and seeing this, I would be dazzled by the colors first and then the architecture. And that's what I'm noticing first. It of course has a metaphoric tone to it that is very evocative of structure and culture and oldness and the reach out of the past into the present, permanence and the temporal, and tradition and aspirations and plateaus and containment, walls and bedazzlement and openings, directing the eye to a mysterious out. Don't think you've been twiddling your thumbs.

Looking good.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Thanks D Akey, I thought it was amazing that a simple photograph of a not very interesting building could be transformed into a wonderful metaphor given the right combination of color and texture... that is the fun and creative part of all this for me. looking at an image and imagining what it could be. Of course some photos are tremendous subjects and stories all on their own but others that might quickly be passed over can have great potential :cool::cool::cool::):):)

Where does this gate take? I love the combination of geometries and colors. It may well be an abstract as well! That caught my attention as well Caesar when I was scanning over my son's photographs I cropped his image and centered it and then went to work on the colors and textures. :rolleyes::cool::cool:

Loving your photo paintings.... thanks Ken!.. :):):):):cool::cool::cool:

damasocl
12-20-2015, 02:15 PM
As always, your paintings are stunning!!!:eek::eek::eek:

gxhpainter2
12-22-2015, 05:36 AM
As always, your paintings are stunning!!!:eek::eek::eek: thanks damasocl I am glad you like these photo-paintings.

pat1940
12-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Just had to check all them out Gary and so glad I did, so enjoyable to view all of these wonderful photo painting, love, love the textures

Enug
12-22-2015, 07:46 PM
More beautiful colours - it must be thrilling to see them emerge as you apply your processes.

gxhpainter2
12-23-2015, 06:57 AM
Just had to check all them out Gary and so glad I did, so enjoyable to view all of these wonderful photo painting, love, love the textures thanks Pat I was wondering why you had not commented on them earlier, I thought maybe you were too busy to poke around on the new posts..

More beautiful colours - it must be thrilling to see them emerge as you apply your processes. it is fun to take a photograph and morph it into a more painterly and certainly more colorful image.