PDA

View Full Version : back to abstractions

gxhpainter2
12-07-2015, 09:19 AM
I have been looking at some artists who work in hard edged painting, including geometric shapes, and
sort of rethinking how they could communicate in a digital way.. so this "geometric expressionistic"
work emerged.

sabena
12-07-2015, 09:34 AM
i like very much your paintings
;)

kenmo
12-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Love the feeling of energy and movement in this....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
12-09-2015, 12:50 PM
I find working like this very therapeutic. A good reminder that it is.

gxhpainter2
12-10-2015, 08:57 AM
i like very much your paintings
;) thanks Sabena!..

Love the feeling of energy and movement in this....:cool::cool::cool::cool: thank you Ken, always great to get your feedback. :cool::cool:

I find working like this very therapeutic. A good reminder that it is. thanks Marilyn Anne Happy Holidays to you :):):cool::cool:

D Akey
12-10-2015, 01:39 PM
A reversal of fortune! Looks like a nicely faceted cut diamond is reverting to it's old diamond in the rough ways. It's so sad when they backslide like that.

Very cool!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
12-11-2015, 07:37 AM
A reversal of fortune! Looks like a nicely faceted cut diamond is reverting to it's old diamond in the rough ways. It's so sad when they backslide like that.

Very cool!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: D Akey, yes such a sad reversal of fortune.... thanks for commenting....:cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
12-11-2015, 09:22 PM
To build reality and its laws from geometric shapes and rules was the philosopher's stone of wisemen since ever, ancient Greeks in particular. Today virtual reality rendering is based on triangles ot other polygonal shapes, so Mondrian and other geometric art followers, in a way, anticipated the visual building blocks for shapes and colors as well, the lego bricks, of what could build reality by means of the calculation power of computers.
You resume this excercise in an original way, by shapes and signs. Maybe Your idea of exploiting and enhancing artistically town pictures, with either a greyscale or by saturationg colors (magnificent outcomes indeed) was helpful to consider abstraction from another inlet ... :rolleyes::cool:
Creative and delightful as ever! :D:D:D:D:D

sabena
06-09-2020, 08:07 PM
Good morning Gxpainter welcome. I haven't seen him in the forum for some time. Beautiful painting congratulations :)

D Akey
06-11-2020, 08:30 AM
Sadly he's not been logged on since 2016. Somebody must have been digging through the archives and liked his work enough to comment on it regardless. It's a nice piece.

Infelizmente, ele não está conectado desde 2016. Alguém deve ter vasculhado os arquivos e gostou do seu trabalho o suficiente para comentar sobre isso, independentemente. É uma bela peça.