PDA

View Full Version : Entrance to the Bay... WIP>>> Jack.

jacktar51
03-29-2007, 04:24 AM
Just messing about and it looks like something started....we shall see.... Jack.

jacktar51
04-05-2007, 07:24 AM
the castle was way toooo small ,made it bigger and taller, more sea inlet added tree branches to the left, and a familiar type of character sneaking into the picture foreground....we shall see.....

Fashmir
04-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Ah Jack- I'm liking this one quite well mate. Can't wait to see more. :)

jacktar51
04-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Filling in mostly... a few extra details...the Captains head was tooooo big for his body..reduced that a bit,added a long boat and a couple of crew, was going to put the ship in the picture but there isnt to much room left to be able to see it ... never mind, press on regardless..... , are you following this??? anyone???.........Jack.

D Akey
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Really cool Skipper.

Just a caution against 'tangents'. It's where you have lines converging.

Examples:

Where the shore meets his belt at his back.
Where the rudder, shore and his hand/sword meet.
Where the hill meets his beard.

What that does is act like little vortexes.

Easy to fix by adjusting a line up or down so that it creates more of a T than an V.

jacktar51
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
That is a very interesting point D... hadnt given that any thought at all, cause I didnt know about it, although looking back to the admiral Benbow paint, I do remember you saying something there...the bottle and the sqiures hand I think... something similar there... I remember moving the bottle to the centre of the table.....Good points to remember,I will attend to it when finishing off, Its still on going at the Mo...thanks for the tip pal....Jack.

jvolkel
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi Jack - This one looks interesting also. Got a story somewhere. DAkey has a good eye and brought up some good tips. Sometimes when a picture just doesn't look right for some reason, it's usually some little thing like that. It's amazing how your brain know's that something is wrong, even if it can't pinpoint it.

jacktar51
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
The BIG mistake here was not doing the background before foreground... this has just put me off doing any detail in the background, as it will be tooooo bitty, tooo messy, so I decided to take care of the points mentioned by Mr DE Akey, colour the sky and the sea inlet a bit, sharpen the edges a bit and put it on a canvas to finish, so any lack of detail is because of that...anyway I am leaving this one be now, at least for the time being...... hope you like it as it stands.... Jack.

D Akey
04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
MUCH better.

Very well done Jack.

jacktar51
04-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Thanks D ...It is a lot less detailed than ones I do these days,but Its taught me one or two things...thanks for your help... next ones a bit more (ambitschious) how the hell do you spell that Ambitcious?Ambitios?cant even spell now.....jeepers... Anyway thanks for those tips, most helpful, that you are, Thanks for looking... Jack.

D Akey
04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
If it weren't for spell checkers my posts would be hopeless.

You're welcome by the way.

B-D-B
04-06-2007, 11:40 AM
jack in my opinion i think u should keep the fog from the 2nd picture :)

jacktar51
04-06-2007, 12:11 PM
B-D-B....Thanks for coming in... I know what you mean B-D-B...I think what spoilt it to some extent was adding the canvas effect,which I did with PHOTOFILTRE...an effects program, I only did that to try and cover the fact that there wasnt much detail,but that doesnt detract from the advice given by Mr D Akey, he didnt tell me to put the canvas effect on, that was my own stupid mistake...which I wont repeat again, I never took away the mist it dissappeared when adding the canvas effect...So Mr D Akeys advice remains good advice,and it did tidy up the look of the image, good point you raise though,thanks for the reply.... Jack.