PDA

View Full Version : Landscape G (wild paint)

Taron
03-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Alright, a new W.I.P...geeez, once I've started with the wip stuff I seem to know no end...hehe. Anyway, here's a new raw paint of the gloriously titled:" L A N D S C A P E - G " ...oh yes... we've reached the letter "g" by now. Trust me, once I'm over my landscape period things will get more figurative...hehe...ehm...anyway, here it goes:

Taron
03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Just had a quick idea about better contrasts and brightness gradients after looking at some paintings. It's not quite anything at this point, but an interesting step to remember...

just 15min of goofing around really...

hanzz
03-29-2007, 05:21 AM
great start as usual.
8)

Taron
03-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Thanx, Hanzz!

Here's a quick idea...only a sketch on top. I'm not sure about it, but it seems interesting... I'm just worried, because it feels a bit to lord of the rings-ish, now that i look at it... :?

D Akey
03-30-2007, 07:31 AM
And being Lord of the Rings-ish is bad because. . .? haha.

Nice work. I'm not sure that last part you painted in works in this painting. Doesn't quite seem consistent with the rest in its dimension. Perhaps some more volume and introducing a little of the warmer color from the surroundings.

Since you have a narrow palette, little variances like this stand out.

You realize that as it stands, that twisted tree limb is the center of the whole picture and focal point. It may not deserve quite that much attention.

Anyway, you can paint, you betcha.

Taron
03-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I havn't been happy with all the dimensions, really. I've already discarded that castle like stuff, whereby I'm still not sure what to do, but I have an idea about something completely different.

As for LOTR, I'm just very tired of all the concept stuff and this emotionless beauty nonsense, you know. It's all this kind of detatching orgy of eyecandy stuff, that doesn't really allow some original dreaming, when you look at it. I don't know how else to describe it. There's something hollow in all of that. Something that is somehow maybe overbearing, too. When things become too fantastical and nearly inaccessible, it becomes difficult to fantasize of being there. I want to feel like I already have the privilege of being in there somewhere, like it's not anyone authority that permits me to walk through it, but nature itself or the demands of fate, you know. Strange to describe, really.

Anyway, I've got some ideas, but can't continue right now... :?

THANX, anyway! I really appreciate it and agree completely in regard to dimensions.

Taron
03-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Doodle, doodle, doodle...

...i think i'll put some sort of subject into it, but I'm not sure what and how, yet. Hence the smily! :P

jacktar51
03-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Now you are pulling a flanker....you cannot be serious, as a famous tennis player once said......WIP wait and see... Jack.

Taron
03-30-2007, 09:30 AM
HAHAH, what do you mean? You don't like my smily??? :lol:

Nah, it's just a placeholder to show that I'm thinking of a subject there. Not sure what yet. I think I had some intense 3 weeks of a creative high and might be in somewhat of a low right now, or slipping into one. i need to relax a little. too much stuff on my heels...

On top of that, I have just today switched my rhythm to a more normal life kind of pace. I actually woke up at 8:30am instead of 3pm. That might be part of it, too. :?

So no worries...it'll all be fine (besides, the smily is on a different layer!) :lol:

D Akey
03-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Now you're talking. Way better, don't you think?

jvolkel
03-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow - 8:30 AM :shock: Is there anything going on in the world at that hour? I usually get to sleep around 3 AM (Art Ragin' all night :lol: ) and struggle to get up at the crack of noon. Ahhh the retired life aint too bad.

hanzz
03-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Wow - 8:30 AM Shocked Is there anything going on in the world at that hour? I usually get to sleep around 3 AM (Art Ragin' all night Laughing ) and struggle to get up at the crack of noon. Ahhh the retired life aint too bad.

".....and he'll drink beer all day."

Lee
03-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Dear Taron, Have been watching your wip and can see how skilled you are and am amazed at your imagination and how you put the two together, :mrgreen: the two trees? sort of remind me of the wife that turned to salt, and i am going to watch to see what happens next, thank you.

Taron
04-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey Lee, thanx a lot. It's kinda funny, because I constantly kept seeing the two trees as the outlines of a funny figure in some weired style. I've decided to keep them as the moral focus on the picture and see that I provide subjects, which kind of cater to it (them).

This is just another brainstorm and even this figure is only one of two I'm seeing in there... if you can imagine what I mean? I want to make another one just like it besides it and reaching more forward, but I'm not sure about it, that's why I only was putting this one in to see how it feels already. I'm not perfectly certain about anything in there so far, but it's been a lot of fun painting this one. It's a totally mixed technique of paint, knife, wax and chalk and I've spend almost on hour on it...way too much for it being rather a sketch for testing...

Taron
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Added the second figure and gave it some sharpening...

...still not sure, but it's kind of interesting.

D Akey
04-01-2007, 07:33 PM
What a remarkably cool solution. Seat of the pants painting -- very bold, and seems to work for you.

Those characters are awesome. And it certainly gives those tree looking things an interesting reason for being.

:D :D :D

Taron
04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Hehe, thanx! Yeah, I almost always paint like that...in fact...create like that, regardless if painting, 3d, music or even writing. It's all something I like to let evolve, kind of like by itself. It's almost some kind of a game, really, where you plant a seed and let the weather and the wild decide into what it may grow to be. I give it a type of DNA of course, but it's the greatest thing when it comes out with a surprise I could never have planned for. :shock: :oops: :lol:

AndyRage
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Interesting? Brilliant!
Yoru command of depth and light always leaves me astonished.
That and your command of form, flow, and everything.
Brill stuff.

Lee
04-02-2007, 04:25 AM
Dear Taron, spellbound! will try to attach what your first added figure reminded me of,,,,