PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Reflection

Enug
11-03-2015, 12:56 AM
Following a Painter tutorial (with AR) by Aaron Rutten.

Caesar
11-03-2015, 01:32 AM
You got an extraordinary and powerful outcome indeed! A spectacular sight and a curiously almost geometrically built chain made of pyramidal mountains and peaks elements. All colors and tones look very realistic and consistent with the light source!

D Akey
11-03-2015, 01:32 AM
Looks like you did what you set out to do, June! Nice exercise. And not a bad little painting. It's a stylized technique.

Coming from where I am, where a little more finesse is, I would say that technique is useful to know, but if you wanted to take it to a more realistic from, you might define some more planes on the surface of the mountains, articulating them a bit more. Or if you wanted to stylize it this much, I would perhaps suggest that you mess with the values of the dark spotties in the mountains where they fade here and there and that can be accomplished the same way, only you would rather than doing it like a high contrast toggle, on and off, you could sweeten it with variations in values, and color too if you can see the sense of it.

But this works as a sort of mosaic or design technique where the large shapes are the thing. The trees are cool and the overall effect is as well. Were you to explore this sense out further you could do some really cool images. The direction's not a bad one as it is. But you could use this technique with some more subtlety and discretion and make it work realistically as well.

All a matter of what you want to do and what vision you're seeking to bring to form.

Very good job.

DarkOwnt
11-03-2015, 01:47 AM
Excellent work!

RedSaucers
11-03-2015, 02:09 AM
An impressive powerful imposing painting.

Enug
11-06-2015, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry for being slow to reply to your lovely comments - blame it on another computer breakdown.!:mad: This time it was beyond my capabilities and I had to call in a 'geek'. However all is well and I avoided buying a new computer. Thanks to backups it didn't take long to get up and running.:)

Caesar - yes, sorry about the pyramids - I undid so many times - need more practice with the knife!

DA - I agree, the mountains could do with more texture or changes in value to give more interest to the shady side especially. My excuse is that I was following blindly the tutorial seeing if I could replicate Painter tools in AR. Will bear your comments in mind with the next mountain scene.

DarkOwnt and RedSaucers - thanks for looking and commenting - I really do appreciate it. :)

D Akey
11-07-2015, 03:29 AM
I'm sorry for being slow to reply to your lovely comments - blame it on another computer breakdown.!:mad: This time it was beyond my capabilities and I had to call in a 'geek'. However all is well and I avoided buying a new computer. Thanks to backups it didn't take long to get up and running.:)

Maybe you should ask Caesar if there are any unclaimed laptops in Rome he could bring you. The Romans had the services of the Geeks for a long while. Helped build Rome, even though they were mostly slaves who helped tutor them. The best thing since the Trojan Horse. Caesar is your ally. . . oh? you said 'geek'. . . I thought you said 'Greek'. . . never mind. . .

Marilyn Anne
11-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I wish I had gotten to Alaska. The views are so amazing in these northern climes.

eighty+
11-08-2015, 02:47 PM
hi June Have you got Windows 10 yet as I'm waiting to see if get a little colour Wheel :D:D:D:D Yeah I did Look at your Aron Rutten but it was all Geek to me ok

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE HOO ROO JUNE :D

Enug
11-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Nope, Mr.Ploos - I haven't received my Win 10 yet. I could probably download it myself instead of waiting my turn.

I have spent the afternoon reinstalling Win 8 (again!) - just got the darn thing back from the geeks (should have gone to the Greeks) and reinstalled everything on Friday, when it crashed again this morning. Thankfully, I was able to get it going again but had to install some programmes again.

See how long it last this time - I might throw it away and buy a new one with 10 already installed. I hope it doesn't come to that.

HOO ROO! ... Stin iy su! (Greek) :p

rbrews100
11-09-2015, 06:15 AM
Quite surreal and the reflection is stunning, just wish I could get my reflections as clear.. well done

Enug
11-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Thanks - these particular reflections were easy - duplicate, transform and adjust opacity for starters then a little blending.;)

eighty+
11-13-2015, 06:01 AM
Hi June Thanks I've been mesing around with the Colour wheel the colour options is it possible that the colour wheel has been lurking around some time

and it only showed because i flicked it on by accident yes or no;);):D:D:D:D:D I will now sing a song O what A Fool am I Can'st see the tree's Coss the Branche's

OR My eye's are dim I cannot see as I haven't brought my Spec's with Me should have gone to Spec Savers;);););):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CIAO JUNE Sleep Well IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO

Enug
11-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Yep, it's been there all the time and you probably clicked on it during your adventures while exploring AR.:rolleyes:

AndreaMG
11-14-2015, 12:41 AM
Lovely painting, can almost feel the chilly air ;)

pat1940
11-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Very powerful, June I feel the cold, nice job

Bobbi
11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
I hope this is not the last of works like this. The play of light is excellent.

Enug
11-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Thank you Andrea, Pat and Bobbi - you comments are always appreciated.:)