PDA

View Full Version : Kai's Little Gallery

Kailestel
10-08-2015, 05:31 AM
Heyas!!

So I recently purchased a Wacom Inuos Draw tablet and got the lite edition of ArtRage. After tinkering a bit, I decided to go ahead and purchase the full version. I previously used Sketchbook Pro as it was preloaded with my company's Autodesk Suite. Anywho, the first couple are recent pieces I did in Sketchbook, the last is my current project which had been sketched and flatted in Sketchbook before my old Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet died and I had to go purchase the Intuos. So from the flat colors onward the rendering was done in ArtRage.

Thanks!!

--Kai

And this one was rendered in ArtRage 4!!!

eighty+
10-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Hi kaile. Very good. Caesar. Will B. Pleased. ;). :D. :D. :D

D Akey
10-08-2015, 10:28 AM
And just in time for Halloween too! Very entertaining characters well realized. Your technique gives them something of a wee bit of soft focus, as if viewing these under an enchantment kind of quality. . . with more than a little wholesome sexiness to them, if you forgive me, in the general line of Buffy or Scooby Doo some of those fun shows. Wonderful stuff. Hope you come around often.

:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

BushcraftOnFire
10-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Great work on these.. I love the colors on the darker backgrounds.. they really bring the paintings to life!

Kailestel
10-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Thank you!!

D Akey, I've kinda used Dean Yeagle as my mentor. I love his pinup style!

The first is a character from the iOS game Heroe's Charge named Eva Emberstar. The second two are my own character an undead priestess from my days of playing WoW. And the last is Mattel's Frankie Stein and her dog Watzit from Monster High brand.

Caesar
10-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Welcome, dear Kai! Congratulations for Your impressively good outcomes and thanks for sharing Your professional-looking creations so that we may enjoy them. I have to check Your references, I guess, since those names are unknown to me. I hope You'll feel comfortable to be and post in this friendly Forum.

DarkOwnt
10-09-2015, 01:09 AM
Excellent work. I'm reminded of Tim Burton... I mean that as a compliment!

JOSEPHINE.EARP
10-09-2015, 02:42 AM
Welcome Kai to our family of Artrager's. These paintings are brilliant and I hope you post lots more for all of us to admire. Best wishes Jo.

Kailestel
10-10-2015, 03:12 AM
My older stuff as I was working on developing Kai, Ereana and Iffy. In order of appearance:

Iffy my tom boyish troll hunter. Kai, my undead priestess as I practiced her form in her undies!! Verge, the space fox from a forum based rpg I played a while back. My Nashville Pride WIP of the girls attending a Predators hockey game outside the Bridgestone Arena.

Caesar
10-10-2015, 05:12 AM
Nice start, but the improvement on the last ones is dramatic! ;) Congrats!

D Akey
10-10-2015, 07:09 AM
I agree. They are all very good. And that last one is really cool. They really come alive in that fun context. Tells a whole lot about their personas that straight character sheets can't. And these really look super vital and like they could actually be sporting around in the world.

BTW, I checked out that pin-up artist and it's very fun stuff. I'd not heard of him. Very comic book and pin-up. Reminds me of any number of other styles we've seen in our culture brought into a distinct synthesis. I guess the game then becomes what one has those figures doing, how they take it only to the single picture format, or how they take the characters and breathe life into them that will really set them apart. And you have most certainly shown that you can do this with this last pic at the sports arena. I wonder if it's the role playing games that gave them an extra kick of reality because you've always been doing things with them.

Nice style.

Kailestel
10-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Finished my WIP.

with reference images:

Caesar
10-15-2015, 10:35 PM
:eek::cool: what a pair of professional looking illustrations! High skill, technique, creativity and mastery here! Brava! (from Your subject and style I assume You're a lady)

Kailestel
10-16-2015, 03:11 AM
Yes sir and thank you!!

I know you shouldn't "rush" a painting but I'm glad that one is over. I'll be seeing Frankie for days.