PDA

View Full Version : Free Paper Grain

Aged P
03-26-2006, 09:55 PM
An attempt to donate a Paper Grain.

If you put this into the ArtRage /Resources/Grains folder it will be selectable from the deepest recesses of the Edit Paper Menu.

It's nice for dusty mediums.

Don't forget to put a Layer over it before you start to draw.

.................................................. ......................................

We have a problem Auckland! :cry:

Grain files are .png, is this why it won't attach?

Would a .jpg be useable as a Grain?

.................................................. .
Thanks for advice via the new forum.
This should work ok now.
It won't appear instantly on screen because of the dimensions.

AndyRage
03-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Ah, Ding!
Yeah - we only allow jpgs.

Okay, we'll have to put paper swapping on hold for the moment while we decide how to handle it.

AndyRage.

Austin_Texas
03-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Why do I need to add a new layer before drawing?

Fashmir
03-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Because as I mentioned in my tutorial, if you don't you cannot erase without destroying the color paper layer. When you load up a paper in this way try to think of the paper layer as a base coat of artwork that can be erased away just like any other. The part that is persistent is the grain and paper color in the paper settings option box. Hope this helps. Keep at it.

Be well,

Fashmir

Austin_Texas
03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I didn't really understand why not just use the canvas color selector thats in the paper properties...I don't think that color gets erased.

DaveRage
03-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi Aged P!

Any idea how large that PNG file is? ( right clicking the file, and bringing up the properties window should do it ).

The maximum attachment size at the moment is 256k so my guess is that's what is preventing it from posting. You could try saving it as a jpg certainly and that'd probably do it. There may be a slight loss of quality but I think the result should work out ok.

Fashmir
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Michael, you are quite right, the paper color in the settings dialog is persistent and will not be destroyed by erasing. The reason to use the color layer as I have described is that it is not just a flat color over a grain texture, the color layer has hue, value and saturation information that can make your paper more interesting and realistic. That's all I intended. The nice thing about all of this is that there are no rules within the capabilities of the software.

Be well,

Fashmir

milan2005
06-01-2006, 02:24 PM
just convert it to 100% quality jpeg file.

royblumenthal
07-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Hi Fashmir....

I share Michael's question... I just downloaded the texture file, opened a new project, loaded it as grain, and tried erasing. I could see no difference. Am I missing something? (It's a beautiful grain, by the way! Thanks!)

Blue skies
love
Roy

Fashmir
02-23-2007, 06:24 AM
Hey Roy,

Sorry I missed that you had posted this question. The best way for me to answer is to have you go to my blog (link in my signature) and read the AR paper tutorial. It explains in (I hope) adequate detail the method of paper making I am promoting.

Aged P
02-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Erm!

Andy, I think I posted that a year ago. It opens ok if you click on it.
I think i was just trying to send as big a picture of the grain as i could.

Phil

Mouse
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Use a program to reduce the bit size before posting the *.png.

Aged P
02-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Hi Mouse,

We're all getting involved with a very, very old posting of mine, it's been transferred here by the Artrage team as an example of what can be done, I suspect. :)

If you click it, it opens.
If you right click it you can save it.

It was sent in the early days of ArtRage when canvas textures were a hot topic.

Don't take this as any form of rejection, Mouse. I'm just trying to stop everyone wasting precious brain cells.

Well at my age they're precious. :lol:

Phil

Taron
03-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Here are two simple patterns I've generated with my procedural noise plug-ins for after effects (NoiZette and Voronoia). Both arn't released, yet...but I'll do that soon.

Anyway, these are just two first tests, but they came out quite cool. Let's see of these small pngs work.

Taron
03-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh this one's fantastic... although i had to compress it and make it a lil smaller. It's still very neat!