PDA

View Full Version : The Butler

Caesar
10-01-2015, 02:47 AM
I used a few tricks to get this with the mouse. The face (excluding ears and neck), was made by smearing paint tube on two layers I blended adding each layer relief. I used also pencil, roller, airbrush, hair stickers, layer blending and appropriate areas selections. It was just to have some fun and experimental test. I hope you may find it interesting nonetheless.

justjean
10-01-2015, 05:04 AM
Great mouse work, Caesar

D Akey
10-01-2015, 08:30 AM
Speaking of Fellini. . . looks like one of his characters out of his remembrances -- the one who was influenced by Rudolph Valentino. The look from a stylish era. I don't think he sees himself as a mere butler.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Rondo
10-01-2015, 08:59 AM
somehow this character does remind me at the frontman of Queen........the late Freddy Mercury.....RIP

BushcraftOnFire
10-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Nice work Caesar..

When I'm feeling lazy and don't want to get my tablet out I will use the mouse from time to time.. and it's not easy.. But you made it look like it is!

damasocl
10-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Excelente trabajo, amigo mío, ... pero, sigo extrañando tus hermosas modelos femeninas!

Excellent work, my friend, ... but I still miss your beautiful female models!

Caesar
10-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Thank you, dear Jean! Each now and then my mouse want to practice and make some excercise. How can I deny it such an opportunity even if ends up mostly with silly outcomes ...? ;):o

Dear DAkey, it wasn't by chance or a mere coincidence that Fellini was good at drawing, watercoloring and making caricatures I guess. He left plenty of sketches, often watercolored which in many cases were used to express some sort of idea of "imagination" he eventually turned into scenes of his movies. I think we used to live in a quite lucky and unique place especially when it comes at visions and fantasies where colors, beauty and grotesque as well are a topic. Even nostalgia here takes so many varied aspects and images You may hardly find anywhere else I believe. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Rondo. You're absolutely right! He was a genius in his way and curiously looked like he might from from many different places physiognomically speaking.

Thank You, dear BushcraftOnFire! Well I woudn't say it's easy, but, believe me, for certain kind of line drawing has its advantages too and as for menu opening and selection is somehow better for me if not faster than the pen.

eheheh :o;) sei un verio intenditore, caro mio! Non posso che darti ragione! Grazie Damaso!

eheheh :o;) You're a true connoisseur, my dear! I cannot but agree with You! Thank You Damaso!

D Akey
10-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Dear DAkey, it wasn't by chance or a mere coincidence that Fellini was good at drawing, watercoloring and making caricatures I guess. He left plenty of sketches, often watercolored which in many cases were used to express some sort of idea of "imagination" he eventually turned into scenes of his movies. I think we used to live in a quite lucky and unique place especially when it comes at visions and fantasies where colors, beauty and grotesque as well are a topic. Even nostalgia here takes so many varied aspects and images You may hardly find anywhere else I believe. Thank You!

How interesting! I never knew Fellini did character sketches. Marvelous. We've got to admire the internet. Just Googled his sketches and voila!

It's amazing how much it explains about his vision. You could see what he was exaggerating by so much focus on a circus performer's ass, or which characters looked like cartoon characters, or Picasso line drawings and probably Daumier as well. He was an eclectic fellow for sure. In many cases, he basically did comic books on the screen and cast humans who possessed those characteristics which he exaggerated in his drawings, didn't he. And I can almost hear him directing the wardrobe and costume departments to enhance those exaggerations. After all, he did love the circus.

Thanks for that cultural tidbit, Caesar. We really must give you a film budget so you can take your visions onto the screen.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
10-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Glad you appreciated, dear DAkey! So I revealed one of the secrets which can make special Italian guys stand out, often unexpectedly, even in any whatsoever new field. And the fun is that being an Italian is more a matter of a special nurture, treatment and character You may get only locally, more easily in the past, I'm afraid, and that You may take away with You as sort of benign disease that a matter of heritage, so anyone can become thus be, over a certain specific experience threshold, Italian, just as anyone may become American, a star and stripes citizen, and it doesn't require exclusivity either, since the Roman empire times where anyone ended up to be Roman. Certainly there are quite a few things you have to appreciate of life quite significantly too as an evidence You got such disease I guess ... :rolleyes:;):o LOL

RedSaucers
10-03-2015, 01:52 AM
A confident looking fella, and great work with the mouse.

Jim Walsh
10-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Very different. I like the look

joey_matthews
10-05-2015, 07:23 AM
I really admire your talent Caesar, all your work is very captivating and interesting.

The detail within this outstanding, I sometimes forget that work here isn't done via paint - you are a master at that (not that there's anything one with digital painting). I like all forms of art, though I just mean it's very life like and looks to be done on a canvas with paint.

Keep 'em coming!

Bobbi
10-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Interesting results from your experimenting. It is always fascinating to see what comes from playing with the Art Rage tools. Keep it going.

Caesar
10-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Certainly more confident than me when I started it with a brand new and messy approach, dear RSaucer! ;):o He looks almost disquieting. Thank you!

Thank you, dear Jim. Not being patient and usually looking for new approaches, especially when I have not much time and inspiration, I make attempts in view of different looking illustrations. I don't get masterpieces, but I can eventually get a decent and original outcome in several cases and have fun.

Dear Matt, it's probably because I like dealing with people, expressions and emotions (which people feel compelled to guess presumably) and I often apply some experimental element in the process. Not being a real artist, I take it on the playful side. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Bobbi! You're a scientist in that field so I feel quite proud to have drawn Your attention.

joey_matthews
10-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Certainly more confident than me when I started it with a brand new and messy approach, dear RSaucer! ;):o He looks almost disquieting. Thank you!

Thank you, dear Jim. Not being patient and usually looking for new approaches, especially when I have not much time and inspiration, I make attempts in view of different looking illustrations. I don't get masterpieces, but I can eventually get a decent and original outcome in several cases and have fun.

Dear Matt, it's probably because I like dealing with people, expressions and emotions (which people feel compelled to guess presumably) and I often apply some experimental element in the process. Not being a real artist, I take it on the playful side. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Bobbi! You're a scientist in that field so I feel quite proud to have drawn Your attention.

I believe any form of creativity is art buddy, though you're clearly a artist.

One of the top art ragers in my opinion.

Caesar
10-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Thank You, dear Matt! I take seriously and gratefully Your most flattering judgement, but still keep keep "keep my feet on the ground", as we idiomatically say in Italian, aware of the fact than any artistry I may show is mostly due to the many masters I appreciates, thus very much derived and depending from them and my curiosity, stupor and love for what they did.

JOSEPHINE.EARP
10-09-2015, 03:20 AM
Great work, I cant draw with the mouse at all, so well done you. Best wishes Jo.

Caesar
10-09-2015, 03:50 AM
It was simple enough, since it looks like anothe member of the Addams family ....:eek:;):o. Thank you, dear Jo.