PDA

View Full Version : A Carnation

Enug
09-19-2015, 01:06 AM
A simple flower - along with sweetpeas, carnations are my favourite flowers - pity they have bred the perfume out of them.:(

eighty+
09-19-2015, 02:06 AM
Well June I've see a few Carnations in my time but this 1 looks as if it made of Paper ?? I like it but wouldn't like to try to paint it ok CIAO HASTA LA VISTA

HOO ROO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ............... Take 3 POZDRAWSKI :D:D

pat1940
09-19-2015, 03:53 AM
June, this is a beautiful carnation, one of my favorite flowers, this reminds me of the old painters style, which is a good thing, well done

D Akey
09-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Nice under-painting. Could perhaps do with a little carnation-y detail to share that it's a carnation. Has sort of a feather duster quality to it presently to my eye. And there could be psychological underpinnings to that as a message surfacing.

Generally, to get it to a point that it says "Carnation', it doesn't mean rendering every little petal, but some indication is a way that some artists use to say just enough and then let the viewer's mind flesh it out. But it usually takes giving the viewer some help as a push in the direction you want them to go.

It's a really good start, and if you were just sharing a lark you had, then all's well and complete. Looks like it was fun, free and easy.

Enug
09-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Thanks again everyone - another bit of playing with the paint tube and blender - the outcome of which suggested a carnation - so I went with it. Done in less than 1/2hr.:rolleyes:

BushcraftOnFire
09-20-2015, 04:30 AM
Very nice June.. Simple.. yet elegant! I agree with D Akey that a few white highlights around the tops of some petals would clarify it a bit more.. But I don't see a feather duster.. I think he just needs to clean his house up

D Akey
09-20-2015, 06:45 AM
But I don't see a feather duster.. I think he just needs to clean his house up

Hahaha. You are SO right, Mr Fire! :rolleyes::o

Say, Enug, could I please borrow your carnations for a couple hours? :confused: <aaAAACHOOO!!!!> :eek: I see a feather duster and NEED to go with it. <snif snif. . .aargh> :p:p:p:p