PDA

View Full Version : Barn in the Hills..

BushcraftOnFire
09-16-2015, 03:51 PM
My latest digital watercolor in Artrage. This was for a watercolor class I'm taking.. Done on the Wacom Bamboo

Enug
09-16-2015, 06:20 PM
I like this very much David especially the iron on the building. We call it corrugated iron - same over there?

BushcraftOnFire
09-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Yes.. Corrugated Steel.. although a lot is aluminum today

Caesar
09-17-2015, 01:46 AM
Essential and well rendered. A "silent", but very eloquent artwork.

pat1940
09-17-2015, 03:24 AM
David, this is a fantastic wc, really love the barn and quiet, peaceful scene, well done

gxhpainter2
09-17-2015, 04:56 AM
David, a nicely rendered WC and the rusty barn is a little different I like your sky and see the watercolor paper. I love watercolors and painted them for many, many years before getting into digital work. :cool::cool::cool::):)

BushcraftOnFire
09-17-2015, 05:40 AM
Thanks all...

Caesar.. Yes.. it's very serene..

Pat - The barn was my favorite part of painting this... The road and right side were my least favorite

GXH - Yes.. I love painting the skies on AR.. I put them in.. then zoom in and just stare at the textures a while. I think that's why I love watercolor so much!

jmac
09-17-2015, 07:04 AM
This is very nice. I like the color palette very much...Curious to know if this is a traditional watercolor class you are taking or digital? And if traditional, what the instructor thinks of your digital watercolor.

BushcraftOnFire
09-17-2015, 07:59 AM
It's a traditional class.. and I was on the fence about whether to put it up or not.. but I finally caved. He didn't respond yet.. LOL!

D Akey
09-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Love it. I usually don't like paper/canvas texture because it might conflict with printing out onto something else with a tooth like in the case of a giclee. But this broad watercolor paper 'tooth' is perfect with what you painted. And the palette is sort of Andrew Wyeth-esque regional (overcast natural exterior rural light) -- although the terrain could easily be California, where we do get overcast skies as well. This is a very good painting. Well done. Would look great on the wall.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
09-17-2015, 09:09 PM
I concur with the Wyeth flavour DAkey pointed out! :eek::cool:;):D:D:D:D:D Right! That's what I vaguely felt and was missing.
I'm not sure it's California though, not even a little fire around .... :o;)LOL

Albert
09-17-2015, 10:16 PM
well done :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

BushcraftOnFire
09-18-2015, 06:19 AM
Thanks again DAkey, Caesar, and Albert.. Appreciate the insights

rbrews100
09-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Really like this style of painting and it's a style I try to do most of. Great to see another officiando of this artwork. Fantastic painting in my opinion...

Marilyn Anne
09-24-2015, 02:57 PM
The water mark is a bit distracting but I understand. At any rate it is a beautiful painting.

BushcraftOnFire
09-25-2015, 09:48 AM
I understand about the watermark.. wish there was a way to do without it.. but being that I sell my paintings.. and giclees.. I can't afford to leave full size prints up.. I could make them smaller and more pixelated.. but that's worse than the watermark..

Marilyn Anne
09-25-2015, 12:54 PM
I understand about the watermark.. wish there was a way to do without it.. but being that I sell my paintings.. and giclees.. I can't afford to leave full size prints up.. I could make them smaller and more pixelated.. but that's worse than the watermark..

I know how easy it is to download someone's art work. Glad you get to sell.