PDA

View Full Version : I'm back. Souvenir images from Sardinia

Caesar
09-05-2015, 03:22 AM
Here's a quick Artrage sketch.
I would add also a few real, handmade excercises I made on the beach .... watercolors and drawings. Unfortunately the pictures I took with my mobile aren't good at all, because of too sun or room light or shaking while shooting ....
I hope You will like some of them. I wasn't happy enough of my watercolors this time ...

All of them, except landscape watercolors, are imaginary in full.

Caesar
09-05-2015, 03:26 AM
..... and the last crazy two ....

gxhpainter2
09-05-2015, 04:50 AM
Hi Caesar, I wondered where you got off too. I it is a little later than usual for your summer excursion. But Sardinia sounds delightful. Some great work you did, I like your watercolors makes me want to reinvest in some tubes of paint ( I still have all my brushes and lots of paper left ). what colors do you carry to paint with ( just curious ) there are so many hues available now it is hard to decide. Great to have to back with us my friend :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):)

Caesar
09-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Nice to hear and see from You all, dear Gary! Your last works look astoundingly nice since the first look, as usual. Some very interesting new entries herein....
I'll try to recover and make some comments gradually on some of the too many artpieces I admired rapidly.

As for the watercolors, when I travel I use half pans, more practical than the tubes (I have too), but harder to mix and get intense hues.
The base colors I think are those in the 12 set of the Cotmans, but I have many other hues I would advice among which naple yellow, neutral grey, indigo, payne's grey, sepia, prussian blue, hookers green, raw sienna, umber, a purple and a rose, violet, cerulean and windsor blue GS.
I don't disdain black nor a vivid green (emerald?) for some mixes.
I've got mostly Cotmans and some Winsor and Newton as weel as a few Venezia (Maimeri) pans, i.e. a mix of student and artist products. Unfortunately the maimeri Blue, the artist level of Maimeri, exceptionally colorful and vivid, are hard to find. Schminke are also good very good as quality I find.

pat1940
09-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Well Caesar it about time lol, looks like you had a great time, love your collection here, is that you in the superman outfit :D:D:D:D:D, glad to have you back

Caesar
09-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Yes Pat! That`s why he starts showing some prostatic growth drawback. LOL :oThanks

D Akey
09-06-2015, 01:10 PM
What fun! Looks like Sardinia is the place to go! Really fun travels. I think the watercolors looked great. I just think you think like a figure artist or caricature artist. Landscapes don't have the same entertainment value. You may be a closet actor.

Tan yourself! Tan yourself for all the people in clouds and rain! Do it for the team.

Good to see you back.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
09-07-2015, 06:28 AM
Hi, dear DAkey! I should be bolder with colors and make it simpler and more effective as for the landscape. Maybe paint tubes are better than half pans. Anyway practise is the key, so I look forward to retirement, but it won't come too soon ...:
Thank You for your encouraging comment.:D

coops
09-10-2015, 02:24 AM
Looks like you had a super holiday Cesare, great paintings and such fun:)

Caesar
09-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Hi, dear Katie! Glad to have You back too ....

Orkhan
09-13-2015, 01:20 AM
Oh, hi Caesar! Glad to have you and your humoresque back :-). Great memories you gathered on your way back! I do also intend to have some watercolour trips around my town. Still struggling with organizing things. I put my eyes on some Cotman and Lukas half pans too, but until than i still have my daughters school paints ;), as in the same time a great oportunity for free time opened (not for too much though) becouse of loosing my job. Welcome back.

Caesar
09-15-2015, 01:18 AM
I'm really sorry for Your job, but I hope you may be finding an even better one or a combination of activities giving You at least a comparable profitability and, whishfully, more satisfaction, maybe to work as an artist among this new activities pool.
I guess that Your watercolor trip painting your town "en plein air" may get You some customers "on the road" and You may start selling also Your speedy painting excercises .... ;):)

Thank you!

BushcraftOnFire
09-15-2015, 05:36 AM
Hey Welcome back Caesar! You have been missed... Glad you had a good time

Caesar
09-15-2015, 09:48 PM
Thank You, dear friend. I'm glad to be back and to see that activity on this site grew up again. I hope I may contribute a little more than in the recent past period to it. I appreciates Your recetnly posted excellent artpieces and look forward your forthcoming ones!

justjean
09-15-2015, 11:23 PM
Great lot of paintings, Caesar and good to see you posting

Caesar
09-16-2015, 01:33 AM
Thank You, dear Jean!