PDA

View Full Version : King of Fools

Boxy
08-29-2015, 12:48 AM
It's been a while since I played in ArtRage, but it is always a pleasure to return. This started as a non specific unplanned doodle with tools I have criminally neglected so far - most of all the watercolour brush. In the end it turned into a concept which is worth exploring further.

D Akey
08-29-2015, 01:12 AM
Always a treat to see your work.

So is he holding Mars' shield and spear Male symbol in one hand and the sad clown sort of goofy jester in the other? Sort of defines more than a few of us I should think. Love the donkey ears.

So this came bubbling up out of your AR like one of the old Easter Eggs. Tycho reincarnated. . . if you recall the Rage Boys' mascot in the early days. . .

Very wild. Thanks for posting.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
08-29-2015, 01:30 AM
I could see this character in Alice in Wonderland!

Boxy
08-29-2015, 02:46 AM
Thanks both!
D Akey - at some stage in the random process I wondered if there was a medieval symbol for the fool to decorate him with - the closest I found was this circle and arrow, but it is the Tarot card association of the the fool with Uranus not Mars, who knew, not me, you learn something new every day ! :D
Cheers

D Akey
08-29-2015, 03:13 AM
D Akey - at some stage in the random process I wondered if there was a medieval symbol for the fool to decorate him with - the closest I found was this circle and arrow, but it is the Tarot card association of the the fool with Uranus not Mars, who knew, not me, you learn something new every day ! :D
Cheers

More the fool I. What I find intriguing is that the distinction between the Male Mars symbol and Uranus. Clearly the archetype for the male is the god Mars. But the symbol is a shield and spear which is how we call it in mixed company. Still, one doesn't have to reach too far to see it's also derived from anatomy. Now that I know the symbol for Uranus, I can see that they just added a little black dot, it occurs to me that both are striving for base anatomical correctness. As they said in high school, "Speaking of the planets, what do you think of Uranus as a hole?. . . ya, I mean a whole?"

The zodiacal symbol for the prat fall in the house of cards. . . The Fool? Goofy as charged. . .:o

Thanks for the lesson. I never knew either. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Bobbi
08-29-2015, 03:51 AM
Remarkable. I love painting like this.

Boxy
08-29-2015, 06:48 AM
More the fool I. What I find intriguing is that the distinction between the Male Mars symbol and Uranus. Clearly the archetype for the male is the god Mars. But the symbol is a shield and spear which is how we call it in mixed company. Still, one doesn't have to reach too far to see it's also derived from anatomy. Now that I know the symbol for Uranus, I can see that they just added a little black dot, it occurs to me that both are striving for base anatomical correctness. As they said in high school, "Speaking of the planets, what do you think of Uranus as a hole?. . . ya, I mean a whole?"

The zodiacal symbol for the prat fall in the house of cards. . . The Fool? Goofy as charged. . .:o

Thanks for the lesson. I never knew either. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Haha, and we try so hard to pronounce it differently these days, yurr-a-nuss.

Oh the donkey ears were another thing I learned, apparently they came before the classic jester head gear we know today.

Boxy
08-29-2015, 06:49 AM
Remarkable. I love painting like this.

Thanks Bobbi :)

pat1940
08-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Boxy, have always loved your work, very nice to see you again

Boxy
08-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Boxy, have always loved your work, very nice to see you again

Thank you Pat, nice to see you too. :)