PDA

View Full Version : Along the River

gxhpainter2
08-23-2015, 08:27 AM
this may be a bit of a throwback to some earlier styles, lots of texture, a birds eye view flying over an island where two major rivers meet...

D Akey
08-23-2015, 09:35 AM
River 1: Hey babe, you strike me as a water sign, am I right?

River 2: Nope. Aquarius. . . cause I put on airs.

River 1: Ah. . . Born under the sign of the Jacuzzi. . . This could work. . .

River 2: Enya or Windon Hill?

River 1: Creedence. . . Green all the way. . . Wanna do some chooglin'. . .

River 2: Oh brother. . . a dirty old man River. . . why do I attract them. . .

Meanwhile, back at the painting. . .
The water looks very bubbly, Gary. Very textural. With the right spirits, good music. . . I think they could make it clear to the ocean. . .

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
08-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Not if I was steering Cap'n Mac Hi Gary I'm back in the Fold thanks to MATT Who sorted it out for me ok I wish I could use colours like you :cool::cool::cool::cool:

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE..................POZDRAWSKI

Enug
08-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Reminds me of the aerial view when flying from Split to Rome recently - but they weren't as colourful. :)

Marilyn Anne
08-23-2015, 07:45 PM
The very colorful NYC. Broadway, central park, the rivers. Growing up in NY was actually terrific. We lived in Bayside , Queens. The joys of Manhattan without the sorrows.

gxhpainter2
08-24-2015, 04:25 AM
River 1: Hey babe, you strike me as a water sign, am I right?

River 2: Nope. Aquarius. . . cause I put on airs.

River 1: Ah. . . Born under the sign of the Jacuzzi. . . This could work. . .

River 2: Enya or Windon Hill?

River 1: Creedence. . . Green all the way. . . Wanna do some chooglin'. . .

River 2: Oh brother. . . a dirty old man River. . . why do I attract them. . .

Meanwhile, back at the painting. . .
The water looks very bubbly, Gary. Very textural. With the right spirits, good music. . . I think they could make it clear to the ocean. . .

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Right On, for me definitely Creedence one of my favorite bands!...:cool::cool::cool:

Not if I was steering Cap'n Mac Hi Gary I'm back in the Fold thanks to MATT Who sorted it out for me ok I wish I could use colours like you :cool::cool::cool::cool:

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE..................POZDRAWSKI Yea! great to have you back among us, colours have always been the main motivator in painting for me and I have spent hours and hours looking at the way different artists used colors from the bright and raw to the subtle. I guess that is why I eventually moved to abstract, I could paint and use what ever colors I wanted to at the time, not that you could not do portraits or landscapes the same way, but I just found it easier to do.

Reminds me of the aerial view when flying from Split to Rome recently - but they weren't as colourful. :) Interesting, that was such a memorable trip for you and your husband!..

The very colorful NYC. Broadway, central park, the rivers. Growing up in NY was actually terrific. We lived in Bayside , Queens. The joys of Manhattan without the sorrows. I can see that the rectangles ( via stickers ) give the impression of a cityscape seen from above... sounds like a great place to grow up. :):):):cool::cool::cool:

sabena
08-26-2015, 08:30 AM
gxpainter. I like your imagination of his paintings are special because they show your personality full of life