PDA

View Full Version : 3 Sisters

gxhpainter2
08-20-2015, 08:11 AM
this is the name of some Mountains just outside of Bend Oregon.... they are always a source of inspiration...

D Akey
08-20-2015, 09:38 AM
One of my favorite vacation fantasies. . .Three Sisters Bend Oregon. . . Is that the Big Bend we're talking about? Yeehaw!

Listen, my friend, it's one of the dangers of abstraction. Can't nobody say it ain't what I see. . . I also tend to fail my Rorschach tests. So pay me no heed. . .

It's a pretty cool image, but I have to tell you I see cowgirls with stars on their boots selling drinks. Like Bob Hope dressed up like a dude once said to a barman in a rough n' ready Western saloon. . . "Give me a lemonade. . .<sudden silence in the bar>. . . in a dirty glass. . ."

Awesome painting.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
08-20-2015, 10:36 AM
One of my favorite vacation fantasies. . .Three Sisters Bend Oregon. . . Is that the Big Bend we're talking about? Yeehaw!

Listen, my friend, it's one of the dangers of abstraction. Can't nobody say it ain't what I see. . . I also tend to fail my Rorschach tests. So pay me no heed. . .

It's a pretty cool image, but I have to tell you I see cowgirls with stars on their boots selling drinks. Like Bob Hope dressed up like a dude once said to a barman in a rough n' ready Western saloon. . . "Give me a lemonade. . .<sudden silence in the bar>. . . in a dirty glass. . ."

Awesome painting.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: your joke really made me laugh! no failing Rorschach tests here... all interpretations, projections, confused speculations allowed my friend. can't say where that star came from but it could have been the cowgirls that have been running around during the fair here...:rolleyes:... and make that two lemoades straight up!..:):):):)

justjean
08-20-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm sure the lovely sisters are a beautiful sight, Gary, but to my untrained eye I see gorgeous colourful scarves :)

gxhpainter2
08-22-2015, 03:27 AM
I'm sure the lovely sisters are a beautiful sight, Gary, but to my untrained eye I see gorgeous colourful scarves :) thank justjean, I can see this as silk scarves as well... the deep reds and blues

eighty+
08-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Indien. Tents. For films. Wapee's :confused::confused::cool::cool::cool:

Bobbi
08-22-2015, 07:27 AM
The colors of this painting are simply beautiful I am liking how you are framing your paintings. Gives them a certain elegance.

gxhpainter2
08-22-2015, 07:33 AM
Indien. Tents. For films. Wapee's :confused::confused::cool::cool::cool: hee-hee you could be right eighty+.. thanks for stopping by

The colors of this painting are simply beautiful I am liking how you are framing your paintings. Gives them a certain elegance. thanks Bobbi, I like to add the borders ( via Photoshop ) with neutral tones to allow the colors the main stage... it helps the viewer isolate the image while looking at it. in a subtle way.

Marilyn Anne
08-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Interesting to have a darker palette and then the beautiful colors.