PDA

View Full Version : Digital pen

GoGoSa
08-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Hi!
I'm interested in the opportunity to simulate a pencil through ArtRage. Here are some results.
Complete replacement is not possible, but in the digit also has its great advantages :)

"Nakanune"

rbrews100
08-20-2015, 08:01 AM
That's amazing. Pencil art is stunning..

D Akey
08-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Incredible detail! Wonderful. I especially love the cat. But it's all super nice!

I always loved pictures like this that were a little bit old world. I can't think of anything more pleasant than setting up an easel outdoors in such a setting. Yes. Love the feel of it.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

huxtiblejones
08-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Fantastic work, really nice use of the tool. Your drawing style is incredible!

Enug
08-20-2015, 01:52 PM
This is wonderful such detail and all the different strokes are amazing - so much to seen in that drawing. If only I could draw like that! The cat is perfect as well as the rest o the animals. Thank you for showing this.

justjean
08-20-2015, 03:46 PM
How wonderful, love the setting and the scene and the pencil work is tops

GoGoSa
08-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

markw
08-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the AR forums GoGoSa:)
Totally blown away by this drawing! Superb!
It's not just the faultless penmanship that shines here but also as a study in composition and flow this is perfect.
So study it well people, study it well.

Orkhan
08-21-2015, 07:23 AM
well Gogosa, you just revealed to us the "10 thousand stroke technique" ;)... amazing work and discipline. Now, do some more so we can stay in owe longer.

GoGoSa
08-21-2015, 08:21 PM
markw, Orkhan, thanks.
Accumulated bit drawings, they are on my page. New drawings also try to lay out here.

Marilyn Anne
08-22-2015, 04:06 AM
Very interesting subject matter and nicely drawn.

gxhpainter2
08-22-2015, 04:23 AM
GoGoSa wonderful technique, and a very charming subject, welcome to the forum :):):cool::cool:

Bobbi
08-22-2015, 02:15 PM
All I can say is Wow. I would love to be able to do this level of detail work. Hope you will share more.

lozsart
08-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Inspirational work!

GoGoSa
08-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Thank. Your feedback is important for me.

Orkhan
08-24-2015, 08:22 AM
GoGoSa, you can find in the Art Supplies section of the forum a neat Pencil Pack designed for pencil sketching, made by Someonesane, that you can install... and also some fine Yotex papers... check them out.

GoGoSa
08-24-2015, 09:16 AM
GoGoSa, you can find in the Art Supplies section of the forum a neat Pencil Pack designed for pencil sketching, made by Someonesane, that you can install... and also some fine Yotex papers... check them out.

Thank you for your advice. I had been looking for it. Now I draw a standard means, but will continue to use the Pencil Pack from Someonesane.

Using a standard tool without paper causes blurring:

Tried different settings.
I hope that the blurring disappear using Pencil Pack.

damasocl
08-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Great drawings!!!!:):):)

eighty+
08-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Hi Go GOGo You made my Hair stand on end and I spat Blood Fantastico Regards eighty + IVAYA CON DIOS

sabena
08-26-2015, 09:26 AM
I like the realism of thispainting. A hard work but visually very good

Orkhan
08-27-2015, 08:50 AM
I remembered now why your drawings seemed so familiar to me. Once I found this book "On drawing trees and Nature - A Classic Victorian Manual, by James Duffield Harding". I think it can be found on Dover Publications(2005 edition). the first editions were published in 1846 and 1855. Stunning book with lessons and examples.

D Akey
08-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Always a great idea to study the best. I don't know the how to draw book you're talking about but I get the idea. The other thing is that was a real golden age for Art technique when it came to idealizing and realism. They also hit a brick wall for many of the artists of the times wherein it became all about rules. And enter the Impressionists and Cubists etc as a reaction to all that.

But I have to tell you when I was in Paris visiting the Musée d'Orsay. . . all I can say is I was really really humbled. In addition to being a showcase for Impressionists, in part because the museum was converted from the train station made famous in part by Monet's painting. And the paintings were almost indescribably moving. But the sculpture gallery of portraits. . . amazing! I was awestruck! Such workmanship and portraiture in stone that has to be experienced.

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/works-in-focus/search/commentaire_id/la-gare-saint-lazare-7080.html?no_cache=1

Imagine that the skill of the painters -- most all of them -- and the sculptors -- were so flawless, that it all became a matter of being judged against perfection. And freedom was missing. Thus there came new artists who said it was too narrow and in the hands of tyrants essentially. Natural and normal to have each new generation carving out their own turf. Was the Victorian era art gorgeous? Without question. Especially because the work in those cases is largely about the subject and not so much about the artist as the star. And is it sad to see those fine skills getting tossed aside and forgotten because it does take some training to grasp and own them. And if nobody is teaching it, we have to grasp it any way we can if we want it. But Art is dynamic.

Were I to copy someone to learn their chops, I would initially study the masters regardless of their discipline. We see something out there and we resonate with it. It means it has something for us in it at any given point in our personal evolution. Never a right or wrong. And life is long if we're lucky.

I really admire great craftsmanship on that level alone. I also admire the other potential that Art can tap into.

Thanks for that book you mentioned. I may have to buy it. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: I have collected a bunch of old books of engravings and stuff from that time. I can look at it and have an instant doorway to a more perfected time and place because that's what those artists brought to the mix.

GoGoSa
08-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Thank you for your feedback.
eighty +, take care of your health :)

Orkhan, D Akey, an excellent book! Thank you! I can recommend a book of famous American artist Paul Calle "Pencil. The art of technology." In the first chapter the author describes the path to his drawing technique, its comparison with the works of the old masters.

Artists have always needed to learn.

P.S. Sorry for my English. I find it hard to communicate with you on a serious topic through google translator :)

GoGoSa
09-11-2015, 08:56 AM
"The Deerslayer"

I use a standard pencil without a paper canvas.

pat1940
09-11-2015, 10:13 AM
GoGOSA, your drawings are out of this world, what beautiful works, I am just in awe of this work you have done, hope to see LOTS more

gxhpainter2
09-11-2015, 12:06 PM
beautiful work! love the simplicity and richness of sticking to pencil brings to your works.:):):)

Caesar
09-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Fantastic drawing mastery! Welcome in here!

BushcraftOnFire
09-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Incredible work.. very inspirational!

GoGoSa
09-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks! :)

GoGoSa
12-08-2015, 08:44 PM
The picture untitled

Used Pencil Pack. Thanks Someonesane!

danny72
12-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Hi!
I'm interested in the opportunity to simulate a pencil through ArtRage. Here are some results.
Complete replacement is not possible, but in the digit also has its great advantages :)

"Nakanune"
87296 Impressive work.. Amazing!! 👍👍👍

sabena
12-09-2015, 04:51 AM
Fantastic work ;)

kenmo
12-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Impressive work....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
12-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Extraordinary drawings!