PDA

View Full Version : Black Line Dancing

gxhpainter2
08-10-2015, 09:17 AM
more loose line and color work, with more dry brush over colors to enhance textures, with the dancing black line

eighty+
08-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Yes Gxh I like this one Too CIAO

Marilyn Anne
08-11-2015, 02:16 AM
I like the dancing line and bright appealing colors!

gxhpainter2
08-11-2015, 03:35 AM
Thanks again eighty+ and Marilyn Anne, these along with the first one FreeForm have been the first work for awhile so I am happy you enjoyed the joyful colors and playful nature of them...:):):cool::cool:

Bobbi
08-13-2015, 03:09 AM
I love your choice of colors for this one. :)

damasocl
08-13-2015, 04:11 AM
Al ver esta obra, mi primera impresión fué de quedarme con la "boca abierta"... Excelente!

Seeing this work, my first impression was of staying "speechless" ... Excellent!

gxhpainter2
08-13-2015, 07:00 AM
I love your choice of colors for this one. :) thank you Bobbi, lately the colors are really singing out for me...:rolleyes::cool::cool:

Al ver esta obra, mi primera impresión fué de quedarme con la "boca abierta"... Excelente!

Seeing this work, my first impression was of staying "speechless" ... Excellent! you are very kind damasocl, so glad you found this to your liking...:):):):cool::cool::cool:

eighty+
08-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi GXH ........ GARY just looked at your site the one that hit my Eye is Le Colt ok Would it be ok to copy it later to help me with Colour And do U use Layers ??? CIAO

gxhpainter2
08-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Hi GXH ........ GARY just looked at your site the one that hit my Eye is Le Colt ok Would it be ok to copy it later to help me with Colour And do U use Layers ??? CIAO Hi Eighty+.... sure copy away any that you like. I use lots of layers, and blending modes etc. I use them to tryout some drawing of a particular part or color and if I like it I will merge it down as I work they make the perfect undo tool and give you the ability to try different colors etc. I am glad you like the Colt. Import it in as a tracing image to pick the colors you want...:):):):)

D Akey
08-14-2015, 06:50 AM
A bit like the old story of Stone Soup -- starting with a simple stone and adding lots of tasty items that make it a favorite.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
08-14-2015, 09:55 AM
A bit like the old story of Stone Soup -- starting with a simple stone and adding lots of tasty items that make it a favorite.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Yep, a little fresh garden veggies and some curry powder will perks up
the artistic taste buds :cool::cool::):):):):):):):):):)

Bobbi
08-15-2015, 01:43 AM
Gary, I hope you won't be offended if I experimented with this painting. I did some metallic experimenting with it. The outcome is interesting. I think we both have an affinity for abstract.

gxhpainter2
08-15-2015, 03:09 AM
Gary, I hope you won't be offended if I experimented with this painting. I did some metallic experimenting with it. The outcome is interesting. I think we both have an affinity for abstract. Bobbi , just the opposite I am very flattered that you saw a new direction for this painting, I will be looking forward to seeing it ! yes I have had an affinity for abstract since I was a teenager, even though I spent many decades as a landscape painter. I just did not "understand" them but intuitively was drawn to works by Miro, Klee, Alan Davies, Asger Jorn etc.

justjean
08-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Some great colours, lines, textures and shape in this lively one, Gary

gxhpainter2
08-16-2015, 05:07 AM
Some great colours, lines, textures and shape in this lively one, Gary thanks justjean, I think the title was expressive of the nature of this painting.

Marilyn Anne
08-16-2015, 08:53 AM
When I was teaching elementary school one of the things I would do is turn on some classical music and have the children draw a black line as the music would inspire then stop and use that line and the spaces that were created to color in or use in any free way. That is why when I saw this painting in particular I was reminded to set the little grand girls free!

gxhpainter2
08-16-2015, 12:23 PM
When I was teaching elementary school one of the things I would do is turn on some classical music and have the children draw a black line as the music would inspire then stop and use that line and the spaces that were created to color in or use in any free way. That is why when I saw this painting in particular I was reminded to set the little grand girls free! How funny, that is exactly what I did, I was listening to some Chopin, and picked the pen tool ( my favorite ) and just let my hand and eye relax into the music... it is an excellent practice....

Marilyn Anne
08-17-2015, 06:37 AM
How funny, that is exactly what I did, I was listening to some Chopin, and picked the pen tool ( my favorite ) and just let my hand and eye relax into the music... it is an excellent practice....

I still feel inspired. Posting some of my playing with Phonto and my Artrage painting.

gxhpainter2
09-09-2015, 06:22 AM
I still feel inspired. Posting some of my playing with Phonto and my Artrage painting. as D Akey says Go Marilyn Anne Go! :rolleyes::):)

pat1940
09-09-2015, 07:14 AM
What a fantastic collection here Gary, so impressive, just love to look at them, gives a very happy vibe