PDA

View Full Version : The Songstress

Enug
08-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Some thing different from me. I filled a canvas with black, grey and white - using various palette knife and layer mode settings I played until I could see something recognisable - looked like a female alien. Then I made some colour adjustment and set to work with the knife and 'carved' out what you see here.

RedSaucers
08-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Nice job. I've had lots of fun in the past using the knife tool to create some interesting effects, I use the idea of carving out an idea quite a lot.

justjean
08-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Looks like you had fun creating your pretty lady :D

Bobbi
08-03-2015, 12:45 AM
I suspect this will spark a lot of experimenting. Have fun discovering what comes out of canvas.

Enug
08-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Thank you Red, Jean and Bobbi - I'm looking for more inspiration but it's not as easy as looking at clouds and seeing images.

I think it's called pareidolia, being able to see images in innate objects. I found this reference to Leonardo da Vinci.

Leonardo da Vinci wrote about pareidolia as an artistic device. "If you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills," he wrote in a passage in one of his extensive notebooks.