PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Hills

Taron
03-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Alright, I've decided to continue working on this doodle and make it a W.I.P. I'm still trying to get used to doing that, because I'm always a little afraid I may not get back into the mood to continue on little experiments such as this. It's kind of like getting scared to get locked in somehow. Anyway... overcoming this I shall start my third W.I.P.

Yellow Hills...

In this first quicky I practiced a bit of Insta-dry OFF type of painting and smudging. It's definitely hard to control over large areas, but works beautifully on smaller details, like the double hill in the mid-right background, for example.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/files/yellow_hills_v01_554.jpg

After a long break and some TV I thought about this painting again and decided to continue a bit. Somehow a large big crack through the middle felt like a curious choice. It is somewhat of a cheat in terms of subject, because it's really nothing specific, but it felt as though it had it's own character. Besides the experimental aspect of it, thinking about the bouncing light inside of that large canyon type crack, increasing saturation for the bounces into darker areas and so forth...

Taron
03-25-2007, 01:58 AM
A smaller update... correcting a drop shadow in midground and adding more haze to the crack in the background.

jacktar51
03-25-2007, 06:55 AM
This is a very interesting progression Taron...following you with interest...Jack.

Taron
03-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanx, Jack!

Here's a sci-fi version I was just in the mood for. I may get rid of it again, but it was just a thing I thought of and couldn't resist making. It's totally freehand, so perspective is arbitrary and proportions and such... ...doodling with oil paint! ;)

What I mean by freehand is, that I didn't make a construction or pencil sketch for it in advance, which normally would probably be a better idea. Crookedness always comes across funny, but well... testing ideas quickly is sometimes more fun.

Taron
03-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Totally forgot the hands...haha...well at least one! And some shading changes to the robot-suit's leg...

AndyRage
03-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Yowza! A doodle, he says!
That's really cool. I like the slick surface of the skin of the robot, as well as the indirect bluish lighting from the rocket on his back.
Yummy stuff. You really make me drool over the quality of the work you produce with ArtRage!

D Akey
03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Magnifique!

Taron
03-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Hehehe, thanx a lot! Man, easy to see how much I dig AR. And I still have so much left to learn of the software alone. It is you who's sending me on this ride and I can't stop having such a ball with it. I'm deeply grateful! And for everyone's wonderful feedback! :D

hanzz
03-25-2007, 09:56 PM
great feel of depth.Great piicture. The rock on the right of the robot looks a bit like master Yoda. 8)

Taron
03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
.... PFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
.... I'm very very hard biting my tongue right now, because he looks like he's somewhat "servicing" jabba the hut.... hahahaha... ouch... let's keep this under 9 o'clock. :shock: :lol:

Thanx, Hanzz!

AndyRage
03-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Hehe. Oh dear me. :lol:
Okay, that's going to keep me giggling for the rest of the evening.

Taron
03-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah, man, HAHAHA, man, it makes it next to impossible for me to look at the image anymore without laughing... haha... shoot. Thanx a lot, Hanzz, really.

Fashmir
03-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Zipppppp-Swivel-Boingggg!!!!! :shock: This is cool Taron!

cym
04-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Cool, it is. ( Yoda I see also)

Lee
04-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Brilliant!!! :mrgreen:

screenpainter
02-10-2012, 01:28 AM
classic thread. :)

Caesar
02-10-2012, 02:42 AM
So, a wondeful scenario with a rocky monument of Yoda (but where are Washington and the rest of the team?) and Bobba Fett (or how on hell is name is?) skyrocketing all around ... I think You get stunningly well defined and painted doodles indeed! :D
But being You the freat mastAR jedi Taron, no surprise at all.
The Force is with You and we rejoice for this and to have You back showing Your astounding artpieces in here.