PDA

View Full Version : Still Life of my shaving gear

Leo K
07-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Hello all, first time poster here! I've been working with ArtRage and I'm constantly amazed at what I can achieve with it. Here are a few still life's to share. I paint antique and modern shave gear. Aces!

pat1940
07-12-2015, 10:07 AM
This is so cool Leo, very confident painting strokes, like your style

justjean
07-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Wonderful :):):):):):):):):):)

D Akey
07-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Really cool. Interesting how you got the sharp little parallel lines. How did you do it? Patience or was there some nifty technique to it? I think it works great on the bristles of the shaving brush (is that what they're called?)

Is a bit of nostalgia from my grandfather's era. . . and we're talking WAAAAY back. The safety razor is more modern of course. Have you ever tried a straight edge razor? I never had occasion to, but a barber when I was a kid used it on the back of my neck -- another anachronism. I don't see that happening anymore at the barber shop.

Anyway, it's a really cool series of paintings. Well done you! And I agree with Pat who admired it for the painterly quality. And Jean sort of summed it up.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
07-13-2015, 03:10 AM
Yet so artistic! Very nicely done and an interesting subject.

Leo K
07-13-2015, 09:26 AM
I want to thank everyone for your comments, I appreciate it!

The thin parallel lines were achieved by using the photo reference as a guide and using the smallest setting for the pallette knife, smearing the original color of the photo. Aces!

gxhpainter2
07-14-2015, 05:55 AM
wonderful work, you have quickly gained substantial skill with AR... I look forward to more work..

Caesar
07-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Welcome in here! What a terrific start! You certainly know how to paint and keep control of a tonal palette ....

Mendota
07-16-2015, 02:49 PM
I like modern Still Lifes like this. I can't say why, except that I enjoy the way art brings beauty to the ordinary. You are very gifted.