PDA

View Full Version : Gradient backgrounds tweaked

Bobbi
06-30-2015, 07:09 AM
I've loaded several gradient backgrounds that have been manipulated and tweaked. If anyone wants to try enhancing them, please feel free to do so. You might try using these as a background for your paintings. If you want to know how these backgrounds were made, please send me a message.

pat1940
07-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Wow Bobbi, thanks these are great, Bobbi do you know how to make the AR stencils smaller, I wanted to use one for gradient on a dress but way to big

HannahRage
07-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Wow Bobbi, thanks these are great, Bobbi do you know how to make the AR stencils smaller, I wanted to use one for gradient on a dress but way to big

Hold Ctrl and drag left or right on the stencil to make it smaller or larger.

pat1940
07-15-2015, 05:56 AM
Thankyou so much Hannah appreciate your reply

Bobbi
07-20-2015, 10:50 AM

Pat, just to let you know, none of these designs were done with a stencil. Hannah's advice on changing the stencil sizes is how I would have done it.

These designs were done using the gradient fill tool and using different blend modes, and moving the position of the gradient. One way you can use a gradient to fill an area such as a design for a dress, etc., is to use the selection tool using the freehand mode and trace the area you want to have a gradient. Fill that selected area with the gradient you wish. When the selected area has been filled, simply go to the edit tab and choose "deselect". The gradient will be confined to the area you want. Play with the different gradient modes, and also try changing the canvas texture as you experiment.

Hope that helps.