PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Vesuvius

Enug
06-22-2015, 01:23 AM
My photo - taken from moving bus! :eek:

eighty+
06-22-2015, 04:21 AM
Hi June did they tell about campi flegrei it makes mt vesuvius look like a pimple possible kill all life in europe me be the world ;):D:D:D:D CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS Slainte HOO ROO

Enug
06-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Nope! Haven't heard about that one so I went to Wikipedia to have a read. Wouldn't want to live there.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

eighty+
06-22-2015, 02:22 PM
yeah June. IWent to google to check were mt Vesuvius was as wasn't sure. Had a vague feeling it was
The pompli one then read about Campin flegrei. And gave a sigh of relief. As it won't happen in my time :D:D:D:D:D:D:D CIAO. IVAYA. CON DIOS. HOO. ROO

Caesar
06-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Well You just have to be far enough from it, or have a fast bus like June, when it will eventually happen again (which isn't the case of some million people living therearound in Naples and other smaller town and villages ... Pompeii and Herculaneum doom can testify it wouldn't be healthy to stay in such a case, not even on a too close yacht (considering what happened to Pliny the Old, a too curious scientist and admiral,approaching the phenomenon on his Roman flagship). LOL;):o

justjean
06-23-2015, 08:18 AM
Great colours in your mnt. scene , |June

Enug
06-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Thanks Jean, I wasn't sure about the colours - it was a dull day so I brighten the ref photo a little.

D Akey
06-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Two for two! Go June!!!!!!! Sort of a strange look at Vesuvius (for me). It's hard to see it as just a mountain with such a dramatic history. Sort of like Santorini. Beautiful and calm, but once so devastating.

I really like the colors and the way you varied the parts of the painting. Nice balance. My guess also is that you made the vision of it far more interesting that the photo.

More please!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: