PDA

View Full Version : Poppy field.

Enug
06-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Based on a reference photo.

eighty+
06-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Hi June my eye's are Dim and I cannot see to good but It looks like A field of Poppies to Me !!! ;) ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO SLAINTE

......................POZDRAWSKI :cool: :cool: :cool:

Enug
06-15-2015, 12:43 AM
Nothing wrong with your eyes Mr.Ploos - did you get to the shops in time? Don't forget the bananas for your cornflakes. ;);)

eighty+
06-15-2015, 02:10 AM
Yeah June thanks. Went to a little shop as its a bit closer then Sainsburys. Ok I did get 3 bananas

Only. As they were all overripe. :( I should have gone to spec Saver's. ;) :D :D:D. Ciao. June

gxhpainter2
06-15-2015, 02:28 AM
June a very nice softness to this, love the field of poppies! and houses in the distance. it seems a bit small though:confused: how do you upload your image, since we have to click on it to see it?

Enug
06-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Gary, do you mean that it is too small to view as I show it here? I usually work on small canvases and then resize to about 600px before I post here. I can change that if it makes for better viewing.

Caesar
06-16-2015, 01:36 AM
Dear June, as for the poppies here we're through in June :o;):D, since they appear before and fields already harvested.
I love this painting though, since I like very much these flowers which don't last once picked, so I'm delighted to just respectfully admire them against the golden fields background and the vivid green of the grass.

Marilyn Anne
06-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Like fields I saw in France!

Enug
06-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Thank you Caesar and Marilyn - I saw lots of poppies while driving thru Italy but they were usually on the other side of the bus. At one point I passed the camera to a passenger sitting on that side so he could take some photos for me. ;) I did come across some growing in some ancient excavations in Rome. We don't have them growing wild in Australia however, I bet you didn't know - Tasmania is the world's largest producer of opium alkaloids for the pharmaceutical market.