PDA

View Full Version : The River STYX

jacktar51
05-31-2015, 02:51 AM
According to Legend the ferryman takes the departed soul across the river STYX to the other side, ( The Underworld)....Can't remember the whole story, must " Google " it, hope you like the picture, its a bit misty and blurry, but I wanted to try to create an otherworldy look. Anyway that was the plan, I couldn't fit the boat in, so I improvised with a coffin and a mourner, its called Artistic Licence ( I think)... Anyway hope you like the picture....Jack.

vandra
05-31-2015, 01:30 PM
Wow! I love this. Very dramatic. Great atmosphere.

D Akey
05-31-2015, 07:22 PM
Yeah, the Ferryman is a mysterious, rather aloof character. No idea how he got the job. I think he found the listing down the union hall. Used to be a fisherman, but so many waters have been getting fished out. Hey, these days a job's a job for a gob.

Got a very engaging feel to it. Very sharp focus. I feel obligated to speak. But I'm not quite ready for that ride. Nice one Jack! Creating your own mythology is do-able when you present the visuals for people to experience.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
06-03-2015, 11:58 PM
You did it, dear Jack! What a successful achievement! Charon has a quite creepy look in Your painting and an expression which shows quite clearly that You may buy only a one-way trip ticket ...:eek::cool:
You therefore deserve to be awarded with what one of Your predecessors painted on the same subject, based on Venice ancient cemetery ... (L'Isola dei Morti or Dead People Island)