PDA

View Full Version : Haunted

jacktar51
05-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Trying for effect an apparition/ghost scene, just for something different to try to paint....Jack.

D Akey
05-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Yikes!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek:

Looks spooky and emotive and vaporous and all that Gothic stuff.

Only comment would be that his left hand (to our right) is a wee bit too small even considering foreshortening. With some clever selecting and copying and pasting you could resize it to fit with a few good painting tricks I'm quite sure you're up to. Small matter really.

As to the theatricality of this, it's a grand thing to have a ghost that broadcasts his feelings as this one does. After all, ghosts are about stirring up emotions. And this lad's got a story for sure.

I like the minimal color. Reminds me of the old black and white horror movies that scared me sleepless as a kid.

Excellent. You nailed it!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

jacktar51
05-15-2015, 05:36 AM
Thanks for that D, Amendment carried out.......Jack.

Delofasht
05-15-2015, 07:39 AM
I did a similar kind of study of making someone slightly transparent once in Photoshop. I recall a lot of my approach but haven't tried it in ArtRage yet, going to have to give that a try at some point. :)

Inspiring me! Good stuff buddy, keep it up.

jmac
05-15-2015, 10:33 AM
You did a nice job of giving form to the mass of the body while maintaining the transparency.

damasocl
05-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Wow! This is amazing...!

D Akey
05-15-2015, 07:38 PM
First time I ever even thought to high-five a vaporous apparition!!! But I'll just have to screw up my courage and have a whack!!!! AWESOME YOU TROUBLESOME SPECTER!!!!!!! (speaking to the ghost here) :rolleyes::p

Good one Jack! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: