PDA

View Full Version : Getting involved in SciFi...

Henry Stahle
05-11-2015, 08:26 AM

SciFi is really not my cup of tea (or rather my bottle of beer) but I have agreed to get involved in a game app graphics project. This will be my second game app project. The first was simple graphics, a lot of vectors, but also bitmaps. This will be pure bitmap paintings of space, rocket launches, planets scenery, space pilots and such. This picture is just a concept piece for the game designer. I used ArtRage and Paintstorm Studio and will probably use this software combination for this project. They complete each other in a great way.

Delofasht
05-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Nice project, I find that I used to not like painting some things but have recently found that I actually enjoy painting just about everything now. Good luck on the project, looks like it could be quite promising.

Big-G
05-11-2015, 08:47 AM
All day every day. This is freakin' gorgeous. Clever and fun.

Caesar
05-11-2015, 09:34 PM
I rather think that a smart and skilled artist like You has many more cups of tea than he may presume ... Fantastic, effective launch!

D Akey
05-12-2015, 07:48 AM
Simply brilliant! How you took a very stylistic approach and got it to perform pyrotechnics within that context is pretty amazing.

Good one!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Henry Stahle
05-12-2015, 08:10 AM

Still playing around testing and finding out...textures, moods and style...it is stimulating and challenging.

Thank you all for cheering me up. It is nice of you.

Caesar
05-12-2015, 07:00 PM
WOW! :eek::cool: Should I ever write a sci-fi novel i'd get in touch with you for illustrations, dear mate. Your neat and expressive landscapes are fantastic!

D Akey
05-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I agree. Very good style. Polished and professional.

Henry Stahle
05-13-2015, 09:09 AM

I have used some bad imagination here...something bad is probably happening. But anyway, it is just for practise. And I will leave this posting of SciFi for now. Just wanted to show and get some reactions. Thank you for reacting. I like that.

Fashmir
05-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Good stuff Henry! I recently jumped into Paintstorm Studio as well. I know what you mean about the two softwares complimenting each other nicely. I've also been using Mischief for pen detailing on images that I want to bump up the resolution on. Works a treat!

Good to see your style being put into sci-fi entertainment. :-)

D Akey
05-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Yeah, Paintshop reminds me of the early days of ArtRage. Can't wait for the Mac version to come out. Looks like it would create a great pairing, as you say, with AR. I looked at the demo over on YouTube. Was really fast and it had old school video game music. . . like the music I recall from Hybris. I mean, talk about hitting that energized fun feeling. I wonder if the program plays old video arcade game sounds while you're painting. Wouldn't that be a trip, hahahah.

Always a little something, anything, to stimulate the creative juices. There are soooo many programs and utilities and plug ins and filters out there, and you can make your own. And nearly every one of them just begs to be played with.

Thanks guys for bring this program to my attention.