PDA

View Full Version : 3-up

gxhpainter2
05-05-2015, 08:31 AM
:)having a blast today painting and trying out some new tricks.. gotta love AR and SomeOneSane's great tutorials and Delofasht's brushes. :cool:

Delofasht
05-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Wooo, look at all that subtle texture and grit! Fun stuff. :)

D Akey
05-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Super textures. Isn't it interesting how certain shapes create associations with things we know or have known? The Bauhaus folks (I think) really exploited shape at the core level -- straights, curves and angles and what the effect each had psychologically.

To me, these shapes remind me of childlike doodles perhaps done in crayon -- cloud shapes or a tree. It reminds me of the reaching to grasp the concept in line or scribble.

This in some demented free association would make me think of kindergarten art on a refrigerator that decades hence became sentient and communicative. The associations, as happens with flights of fiction could go dark, weightier. It's as if there's a child who had been submerged, locked out for so long that it is coming to the surface. etc etc. . . But enough about my story. . . hahaha.

Did you know that some of the best hard wood was from those timbers in swamps and near ponds -- trees that were submerged for the longest time. They were cured. . . despite medical people who claim there is no "cure". . .

But I digress.

Neat textures. Articulate statement. Like the old phonograph slogan, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
05-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Casted shades on portholes of a different new world made of powder and make-ups, gentle and delicate sentiments, colorful disinhibited statements ... Exquisite.