PDA

View Full Version : the CoastLine

gxhpainter2
04-30-2015, 10:33 AM
I took one of my intermediate stages of the Abandoned Garden and it became the Coast Line with its ocean tidal surge... satellite view

Marilyn Anne
04-30-2015, 08:53 PM
The ocean has movement and beautiful color. I used to live at Virginia Beach. It is a privilege to live near the ocean. In the winter the foam would freeze and blow down the beach like tumble weed.

gxhpainter2
05-02-2015, 03:57 AM
The ocean has movement and beautiful color. I used to live at Virginia Beach. It is a privilege to live near the ocean. In the winter the foam would freeze and blow down the beach like tumble weed. Yes I love the desert and the ocean and where they meet and I am glad you like the movement of my "ocean":cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
05-02-2015, 09:44 PM
My son bought himself a toy -- one of those flying camera drones. This is the kind of shot I would expect to see lots of were you to buy one of them and harvest the angle for inspiration.

This has a neat quality-- the water feels like it's moving -- perhaps like time lapse where it all kind of smears directionally. I really love the long, commanding sweep of blue rather than something more uncertain.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
05-03-2015, 04:02 AM
My son bought himself a toy -- one of those flying camera drones. This is the kind of shot I would expect to see lots of were you to buy one of them and harvest the angle for inspiration.

This has a neat quality-- the water feels like it's moving -- perhaps like time lapse where it all kind of smears directionally. I really love the long, commanding sweep of blue rather than something more uncertain.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool: Yes an aerial view, glad you liked the touch of the moving water, I think it gave it the sense of flow and I did not want to break it up with my usual heavy texturing... it was in intermediate step during "Abandoned Garden".. amazing how things evolve during a painting I usually save off 4 or 5 intermediate steps for initial starts in future works.