PDA

View Full Version : Begonias

vandra
04-27-2015, 08:18 PM
I have been a bit busy lately. I have become a Great Grandmother :). Well as I said to them - I've always been great :). I feel really happy to have achieved this with the knowledge that there could be a few more yet. I always knew that getting married and having babies at a young age (as my eldest daughter also did) would have it's advantages. Still reasonably fit and able to baby sit if the occasion arises :) - being Great is even better that just the Grand in that respect however :D. I'd love to be able to paint a portrait of him but, by the time it was finished he'd probably be 21! and I could never do him justice :)

Anyway, here's my painting of the delicate begonia flowers. I used the airbrush, oils, chalk and pencil.

koalablue
04-27-2015, 11:50 PM
These are some of my favourite flowers and your painting is true to them. Gorgeous painting!

eighty+
04-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Hello then Vandra the Great lovely well done. And just love the colour of the Begonias

gxhpainter2
04-28-2015, 04:56 AM
beautiful painting vandra the Great!...:rolleyes:... congratulations on that it sounds like you have a large and wonderful family to have around you..

Marilyn Anne
04-28-2015, 01:23 PM
I have five grandchildren . The oldest it 21 and the youngest is 6. Nice painting as I love the color of these flowers.

vandra
04-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. - Yes, I like vandra the Great :D :D

Grand children are fantastic Marilyn Anne. You out do me by one. I have four :), and one great of course :)

Delofasht
04-29-2015, 05:41 PM
Oh these are quite nice! Probably would do me good to do a floral for my wife in the oils she let me get, gonna go get some reference in the next day or two and do just that! Thanks for the inspiration!

vandra
04-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Thanks for your comments Delofasht, and I'm really happy and flattered to have given you that inspiration :D