PDA

View Full Version : Screen Rotation

BushcraftOnFire
04-13-2015, 07:00 AM
The only thing that would make this program my favorite (And it's very close now).. would be to have a keyboard shortcut available to rotate the canvas clock or counter clock wise. I know you can do it by the puck.. but that's just a bit inconvenient to me. Paint tool Sai does it wonderfully.. and I'm sure it wouldn't be that much of a tweak.

Hope the team can do this ASAP!

D

Victor Osaka
04-13-2015, 07:46 AM
The only thing that would make this program my favorite (And it's very close now).. would be to have a keyboard shortcut available to rotate the canvas clock or counter clock wise. I know you can do it by the puck.. but that's just a bit inconvenient to me. Paint tool Sai does it wonderfully.. and I'm sure it wouldn't be that much of a tweak.

Hope the team can do this ASAP!

D

Even better would be the ability to create ANY shortcut/macro from within the program!

Delofasht
04-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Spacebar + Alt rotates the canvas.

HannahRage
04-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Spacebar + Alt rotates the canvas.

And Alt+right click and drag.

Even better would be the ability to create ANY shortcut/macro from within the program!

You can't create *any* shortcut, but for those who aren't aware, you can customise quite a long list of shortcuts under Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts
http://www.artrage.com/tag/shortcuts/

Delofasht
04-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Ah Alt+Right! I don't use my mouse and have my Wacom buttons on my stylus set to different things, nice to know more functionality though!

Victor Osaka
04-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Ah Alt+Right! I don't use my mouse and have my Wacom buttons on my stylus set to different things, nice to know more functionality though!

My Situation is similar. I use a Wacom Cintiq but, I can't move the table to the right of my keyboard. So, my left hand has to cross under my drawing hand to reach the keyboard! It is comical at times. It would be nice to assign the left and right arrow keys to rotate in x degrees. with x being a value we could set in preferences. Eventually, my setup will have to change to have the tablet on the right side.

Delofasht
04-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Which Cintiq do you have? I feel like most the models have either touch capability (two finger rotate) or sliders/rocker rings for just rotating with the ring, which is fun but a bit tricky to get used to. The lag from the input of rotating with my touch input on my Intuos Pro feels odd to me in like every program but I do in fact use that from time to time.

BushcraftOnFire
04-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up.. I was aware of the Alt Right Click.. Problem is I only have 2 hands... LOL! SO using my Wacom I have to drop my pen (Left handed) Put left hand on Alt and Right on Mouse.

To give you an idea.. in Paint Tool Sai.. I have the shortcut pg down and pg up to rotate the canvas clockwise or counter.That way I only have to use the keyboard in my right hand.. and the tablet with my left.

Hope that makes sense...

David

Enug
04-14-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm left handed too - and I find that an advantage - pen in left mouse in right - I don't have to drop the pen but I do have to take my hand off the tablet and use my index finger to hold down alt while still holding the pen. It's what you get used too I guess.:)

Henry Stahle
04-15-2015, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up.. I was aware of the Alt Right Click.. Problem is I only have 2 hands... LOL! SO using my Wacom I have to drop my pen (Left handed) Put left hand on Alt and Right on Mouse. To give you an idea.. in Paint Tool Sai.. I have the shortcut pg down and pg up to rotate the canvas clockwise or counter.That way I only have to use the keyboard in my right hand.. and the tablet with my left. Hope that makes sense...
David

I hold down the alt key and the Wacom stylus button + drag the stylus = rotate my painting. Give it a try. It is probably the best way. I Always use it. No lag. :) I have a Wacom Intuos. Never use the laggy ring on the tablet to rotate.