PDA

View Full Version : Quickscape

Delofasht
04-12-2015, 05:25 AM
Quick little warm up painting for the day.

About 2 hours of painting with one of my sample color sets mixing on a scrap as a palette to get my color varieties. It was fun, used some of those techniques that Peter showed for making clouds if a bit modified to meet my needs here. Really fun.

- Delo

kenmo
04-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Gorgeous painting...love the scene and the choice of hues....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
04-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Love it! The colours, rugged mountains and the lighting - really lovely.

BushcraftOnFire
04-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Love the mist effect.. It really adds character!

justjean
04-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Beautiful colours in your lovely painting, reminded me of Winslow Homer's "the Woodcutter"

Peter Pinckney
04-13-2015, 03:01 AM
Fabulous................................ could be a Fantasy book cover!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Delofasht
04-13-2015, 05:20 AM
The Woodcutter! I should have totally given him an axe! Didn't want us to focus too long on the guy though. I ended up adding a few more clouds up in the sky as it was feeling a bit barren, just creating some interesting patterns and depth.

Thanks for looking everyone! It's nice getting the positive encouragement, as artists sometimes we will find ourselves scrutinized and compared to everything else, which often has a side effect of becoming discouraged. I'd realized over these past couple years that I could care less how much better someone might or might not be than I am. This community is a welcome change from some that I've been in here recently, everyone is so positive and helpful without being discouraging about things. So glad I found this place.

justjean
04-13-2015, 05:30 AM
Sorry if I offended, I wasn't comparing just saying what your painting brought to mind

D Akey
04-13-2015, 05:34 AM
We're glad you found it too! I love the pallet. The scene is very dramatic and awe inspiring. I think everybody can relate to those moments where you just round the corner are crest a ridge and are met with something so vast and beautiful that it's almost like a moment of shifting consciousness, or at least carries with it the promise of a jump.

I'm enjoying your paintings quite a bit, and what you post a whole lot. Thanks for participating in bringing your energy to the mix. It's stuff like that that makes this all work.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
04-13-2015, 05:49 AM
Love the colors and all the sensitive effects in sky and mountains . Nice job!

Delofasht
04-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Sorry if I offended, I wasn't comparing just saying what your painting brought to mind

Oh no need to worry, I took it as a sincere compliment honestly, just noticing the differences between here and many other forums or places to post work. It's a good thing really, unsolicited critique is one of the worst things ever. . . I have a painting of a witch from a mobile app game called Clash of Clans, someone reposted it to another site, which I don't mind as I love more people seeing it, but a lot of the feedback was from people who thought it was bad when compared to <insert cgi made representation by someone else>.

Yeah, I love this place so much, thanks for the caring jean! Everyone is so pleasant here. :)

Caesar
04-14-2015, 01:53 AM
Fantastic, but what is he holding behind? A little boat or what? :o

Delofasht
04-14-2015, 02:31 AM
Pretty sure it's his hat he's holding, tends to fly off at high areas like that. (mine does at least) But we can leave that to the interpretation of the viewer ;)