PDA

View Full Version : Posts 19,999 Dear Mr Akey

coops
03-31-2015, 05:49 AM
I noticed that your posts are up to 19,999 dear Mr Akey, now come on lad one more lol then we will break out the wine and cheer your 20,000th post.
Seriously though, these post have been so helpful and help so many people with their artwork. I for one have been so encouraged when I thought my paintings werent so good. You are a bright light in these forums and I am so happy to call you my friend.
WELL DONE WELL DONE AND CHEERS TO YOU:):):):):)

Juz
03-31-2015, 06:10 AM
Wow that's an amazing contribution.
I feel like you should get some sort of reward like your own 'Ask Mr Akey' section on the forums. ;)

D Akey
03-31-2015, 06:13 AM
Dear Ms Coops,

Oh geez! Hahahah. I just was thanking you in the MOARA thread for all the work you did over the years putting together all those tributes to the other artists. . . and hoping you would come back around. . . and here I see you posted yet another tribute of sorts. True to form with your generous acknoledgments, you are.

Thank you. The last nine years have been a blast. . . and PHEW! what a hell of a lot of lathering at the mouth this has all been. I think I should empty the bucket I kept by my chair. :):):):):)

D Akey
03-31-2015, 06:15 AM
Wow that's an amazing contribution.
I feel like you should get some sort of reward like your own 'Ask Mr Akey' section on the forums. ;)

Thank you. It's been very fulfilling for me having your all's company as we stroll the creative path. :):):):):)

AndreaMG
03-31-2015, 09:32 AM
Congrats my friend for the achievement! Your support and help to other people is unrivaled :cool: Let me say this to you for once: Go Man Go! :cool::):p;)

justjean
03-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Mr DA, Thank You so much for all the time, troubles, inspiration and much welcome advice and your posts are sometimes funny, sometimes pithy but most always very welcome advice as how to improve one's paintings . Thank You again for all your contributions to make this form the great place it is :D

D Akey
03-31-2015, 12:51 PM
Congrats my friend for the achievement! Your support and help to other people is unrivaled :cool: Let me say this to you for once: Go Man Go! :cool::):p;)

Hahaha. Thanks so much for the "Go Man Go!" I really appreciate that signature sort of tag. I take it to heart and will run with it. I have a ton of new projects on my plate, so your timing is perfect. You've always been very good at being supportive, and considering all the heart you manage to get into your paintings of goddesses, you have a great admirer in me.

Mr DA, Thank You so much for all the time, troubles, inspiration and much welcome advice and your posts are sometimes funny, sometimes pithy but most always very welcome advice as how to improve one's paintings . Thank You again for all your contributions to make this form the great place it is :D

Ah, JustJean. . . thank you for those words. So you can paint AND write. I guess people with long winters have more time to develop their skills. Time well spent to all our delights. Thanks again. BTW, your paintings are amazing.

gxhpainter2
03-31-2015, 01:21 PM
Congrats! on your wonderful AR career.... hard to even imagine 20,000 posts dear friend... I also left a note in the MOARA section as well. and I con cur GO MAN GO ! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
03-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Echoing all the above. You have certainly helped me on my artistic journey - I wouldn't have ventured so far down the road without you holding my hand and guiding me over the rough patches. I look forward each day to reading your posts - sometimes have to read them more than once before they sink in.:p

D Akey
04-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Congrats! on your wonderful AR career.... hard to even imagine 20,000 posts dear friend... I also left a note in the MOARA section as well. and I con cur GO MAN GO ! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well thanks Gary! 20,000 posts sort of blows my mind as well. It just sort of happened because it was so gratifying to me and so much fun, and in my own conceited little way I felt like I was putting something in the plus column. But believe me I got way more in return than I ever gave. So better way to put it is that I've been coming here for 20,000 free meals, gourmand that I am, and when the timing was 'just so', there was a wee bit of dinner theater in the bargain. After all, the whole world's a stage. I wonder if Shakespeare actually had The Internet in mind with yet another forked meaning.

Wasn't quite a career. More like a lark, and how much fun it's been. And it's because of people like you who take their art to heart that has been the compelling part. The spirit exists here for real, to varying degrees of course. But there's nothing better than to watch someone who really is into it going for it with energy and drive and love of the craft. So thanks to you and all the people who have courted the Muse.

And thanks especially for your kind words.… In both threads in your case… I'm most appreciative… :D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

PS: I was never in the employ of ArtRage and they never asked me to do it. This is all for fun, and they tolerated me another thing for which I'm very appreciative.

D Akey
04-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Echoing all the above. You have certainly helped me on my artistic journey - I wouldn't have ventured so far down the road without you holding my hand and guiding me over the rough patches. I look forward each day to reading your posts - sometimes have to read them more than once before they sink in.:p

Crikey, June! what a sweet comment. But you made it sound like you weren't getting it when in fact you hopped on board the art wagon and took the reins in short order. I've been very impressed, and knowing a little bit of your history as an archer of note and rank, I had a sneaking suspicion that you were sure to take some of that stuff that took it to those heights and apply it to tackling art. And I'm watching it happen all the time with you. It's phenomenal to watch. So well done you and my thanks to you as well for letting me watch you light up the canvas. And you know the reason my posts are filled with suggestions is precisely because I can see that you're going to get it, and you'll use it, and you'll master it. That's a hell of a thing to watch. So thanks again, now quit lollygaging and get back to painting!!!

fraser_paice
04-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Congratulations sir, one wonders how many keyboards you have worn out in this time.

D Akey
04-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Congratulations sir, one wonders how many keyboards you have worn out in this time.

Hahaha! Probably at least a half a dozen. . . and even now using my voice dictation software which means I'm using a microphone headset, I still have to do a bit of tweaking with the keyboard, fixing words that I didn't say, fixing words that I did say, fixing spelling and cleaning of gibberish, but there's a lot less keyboard clickety clicking going on here.

Thank you, F–P! Clowes look forward to your posts<--- exhibit a: I actually dictated, "I always look forward to your posts" – – so the key bird (keyboard) does get a little bit of a workout still. But I figure it's all going to be good for when I become a stage orator. . . Theopolus Thistle thrust 3000 thistles into the thick of his thumb… Say that three times really fast so they can hear you in the back row. . .

fraser_paice
04-01-2015, 10:57 AM
I prefer, There's forty thousand fine feathers on a speckled thrush's throat.

D Akey
04-01-2015, 03:03 PM
I prefer, There's forty thousand fine feathers on a speckled thrush's throat.

There's 40,000 fine feathers on a speckled thrushes throat
there is 40,000 feathers on a speckled thrushes throat
there is 40,000 fine feathers on a speckled feathers throat
there's 40,000 fine feathers on a feathered Sun Earth rushes throat
Thursday 40,000 fine fathers on speckled slashes throat that that that that that that…

side I do… So how did I do? So did I get the part or what!?!?!

gxhpainter2
04-02-2015, 06:04 AM
Yes D Akey I am sure you got the part ;););):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

pai
04-10-2015, 05:56 PM
\woot/ congrats to over 20, 000 posts, Mr. D Akey. Hmm, now aim to 40,000 posts :p :rolleyes:

i take this opportunity to thanks for all your encouraging posts in my art journey and to many many our Artragers here. :)

D Akey
04-11-2015, 06:56 AM
\woot/ congrats to over 20, 000 posts, Mr. D Akey. Hmm, now aim to 40,000 posts :p :rolleyes:

i take this opportunity to thanks for all your encouraging posts in my art journey and to many many our Artragers here. :)

Thank you, Pai! 20,000 posts is a heck of a lot of words, to be sure. Intending to post 40,000 times sounds daunting! I really wonder if when I first started on Art Rage I had set a goal to post 20,000 times whether I would've thought it even possible – can there be that much to say? Sure there can be. When everybody's in the mood to post their thoughts, it's just a natural reaction to get in there with them and share in the playtime. If I had to come up with 20,000 posts in a vacuum it never would've happened.

Anyway I hope to see you around some more and to find that you're feeling better and that you can put more of your energies back into painting, which you got so good at. And it has always sounded like you were enjoying the forums so much – like the rest of us were. So come on back whenever you're feeling up to it. You've been missed! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool: