PDA

View Full Version : Modern Dance

gxhpainter2
03-30-2015, 08:37 AM
based on African rhythms, and Jazz ... bright and syncopated , hope you enjoy this exploration.:)

Caesar
03-30-2015, 08:41 PM
It rocks and we dance at its mesmerizing rhythm!

coops
03-31-2015, 04:27 AM
There sure is rhythm in this painting, well done GXH:)

Marilyn Anne
03-31-2015, 08:58 PM
All that rhythm sees to be inside a person. It does come from within that joy and response to music and the physical ability to act it out.

D Akey
04-02-2015, 04:05 AM
Animated! It reminds me of some of those alphabet books for kids in which the letters anthropomorphize. This really has a dance-like shape. Very whimsical, and it looks like it went in a very different direction from your usual fine arts feel toward illustration somewhat. I would put this one in your file "Crossroads" -- just that the Devil gave the man a paintbrush rather than a guitar, though he is likely to head to the same vibe. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool:

justjean
04-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Yes the wild and frenzied colours and shapes do bring that music to mind :):)

gxhpainter2
04-02-2015, 07:59 AM
It rocks and we dance at its mesmerizing rhythm! not sure I can move quite like it used to but we can still have fun !

There sure is rhythm in this painting, well done GXH:) thanks Katie, not quite as elegant as your beautiful pieces, but it does have a raw energy.

All that rhythm sees to be inside a person. It does come from within that joy and response to music and the physical ability to act it out. yes with emphasis on the ability to act it out ( see my comment to Caesar ;) )

Animated! It reminds me of some of those alphabet books for kids in which the letters anthropomorphize. This really has a dance-like shape. Very whimsical, and it looks like it went in a very different direction from your usual fine arts feel toward illustration somewhat. I would put this one in your file "Crossroads" -- just that the Devil gave the man a paintbrush rather than a guitar, though he is likely to head to the same vibe. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool: Yes I must confess the Devil made me do it ! :rolleyes::rolleyes: all along I was just painting a nice landscape when WHAMand the next thing you know I had this looking back at me :cool::cool:

Yes the wild and frenzied colours and shapes do bring that music to mind :):) definitely a jungle rhythm to it!