PDA

View Full Version : Land Ahoy

jacktar51
03-29-2015, 11:56 AM
But another Vessel is anchored near the cave entrance, could we be too late ?......

Hope you like the picture, regards to all....Jack.

justjean
03-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Beautiful mountains :)

Big-G
03-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Fantastic light and story to this.

D Akey
03-30-2015, 04:09 AM
I agree this is a phenomenal storytelling picture. I think you really pulled it off with great drama and of course your description really adds a lot of interest. I love the sense of distance that you gave contrasted with the urgency of getting to the secreted treasure before your competitors. I love the atmospheric contrast in that fog or mist where it goes from rather dark to bright white. it lends a wonderful quality of mystery that reminds me of some of the old black-and-white movies, like the original King Kong with this being atmospheric like Kong Island. I expect to have high adventure, where not only are there pirates, but also possibly dinosaurs or mysterious creatures of all fancies.

The painting of this is really, really strong Jack. I love the water. Is that a technique that you got from Peter Pinckney? I've been meaning to try that for years now, but never had a reason to paint the ocean. But I always admired that trick, and you did a great job with it, whether it's your own or whether you learn the technique somewhere else.

Anyway really super Jack-o. You're really bringing these fantastic stories to a place where we can hop on board to share in the adventure.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):) :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
03-30-2015, 04:18 AM
just a beautiful painting, a romantic and mysterious looking island far from ordinary... I totally agree with Mr D Akey's comments. :):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Slap Happy Larry
04-01-2015, 03:37 PM
I love the water -- just the right amount of detail, contrasting with the crispness of the ship. Makes me think this is the calm before the storm...

Caesar
04-01-2015, 10:21 PM
What an astounding, wide view and lighting! :eek::cool: One of Your best in my opinion. Congrats!

Zeropainter
04-03-2015, 10:27 PM
this looks very great :)